What's the dealbreaker for you?

Honestly, I don’t want to go if any of these are in effect. Maybe it’ll be years, who knows. The few exceptions for me would be #5 & #6.

5 Likes

I’m not sure that one ONE of these is a deal breaker. Perhaps several of them in combination. I think I start to edge toward deal breaker if no table service available (I don’t want QS all the time and I sure as hell don’t wan to cook all my meals). And if all parks were closed I might consider paring down my trip but would be okay going for up to 5 or 6 days if there are adequate TS available all around, pools open, and perhaps some of the extras like minigolf.

I just want to get back in that bubble.

Also, I think temperature taking is nothing more than theater as nobody needs to have any kind of temperature to be sick so that’s crazy silly but I would endure it. And re: rapid testing I would be PISSED if WDW patrons could (and would have to) get it prior to park entry when the vast majority of people “don’t qualify” for any testing at all.

4 Likes

8, 9, 13. FPP are important to me. And if a park is closed, or all parks, i’d rather re-schedule.

1 Like

Will never happen for you? Or will never happen? Because I don’t think will never happen at all is accurate. Danger from bloodborne pathogens (of which HIV is just one) is not a thing provided universal precautions are used.

1 Like

Let’s be honest: this is not an issue for 95% of rides at WDW. Universal is another thing altogether but most WDW rides and attractions are quite tame to keep a mask on your face

1 Like

I will go as long as I can safely get to my DVC resort. I don’t have to go into a park. I will mobile order and sit on the boardwalk or at DS. I want to see palm trees, green grass, flowers.

Oh! Happy birthday @sanstitre_has_left_the_building.

5 Likes

Well, when I was a kid, they used to finger prick all the time for hemoglobin test (anemic). Then, after AIDS, all of a sudden no one would do them and we had to go to the labs for a full draw of blood. I was told it was because it wasn’t safe to be doing the finger prick in the doctor’s offices anymore.

Given that, I extrapolated that a CM pricking my finger wouldn’t be safe, either. Am I wrong.

Again, I strongly point out I am not a doctor, nor do I play one on TV. :wink:

3 Likes

Lots of dealbreakers
6. I would miss the fireworks terribly.
8. Maybe - depends on crowd levels -if crowds are light then FPP not an issue
9. DEFINTELY A DEAL BREAKER! Not unless price is cut to reflect one less park.
11 &12 gotta eat and we have our favorites… I don’t mind the limited tables and spread apart but there has to be a large variety open - again not paying cost for so much closed
13. No brainer - why go if no parks!!!

2 Likes

I wouldn’t assume a CM would do it (hmmm… job option for me?)

Someone with medical training would do it and a finger stick is far less invasive than a venipuncture so I’m not sure how that came to be a thing where you are.

2 Likes

a finger stick is far less invasive than a venipuncture

That’s what I thought too!

1 Like

100% agree

13 definitely.
4, quite possibly.
9, other than if it were Animal Kingdom. If only AK was closed, but the rest were open, I’d likely still want to go.

ETA: I’ll clarify this is for the family trip. For our anniversary trip, with just my DW and self, I would answer differently.

As a nurse who wears one all day long at work, surrounded by all of my coworkers who are wearing one as well…not true! We look awesome, not scary at all! :mask: Maybe if everyone at Disney was wearing scrubs as well, then it wouldn’t be so scary. I would totally wear my scrubs in Disney, if it was 70 degrees or less of course. :smile:

4 Likes

Scrubs are a damn nice benefit to being a nurse.

I was asked to return to scrubs as I have taken on more of a staff nurse role in my office to support my team and could come into contact with a sick patient (though very highly unlikely at this point). So we wear street clothes in, change into scrubs, and street clothes out. I have missed them so much.

2 Likes

I read your post but none of the comments yet. I think it is important to establish a baseline minimum of what must be available to make the trip worth it. I believe for a reasonable person that minimum should be People Mover running and Dole Whip available (with rum for @OBNurseNH). Ideally Splash will be open also, but the moving ramp and separate ride vehicles make PM fairly well social distanced.

Edit: okay, read all the comments. I tend to agree with the general consensus that some combination would be a deal breaker, but probably none by themselves except for all parks closed.

2 Likes

Thank you for the rum.

1 Like

No problem, I figured you could use a drink

Always! :slight_smile:

1 Like
  1. Temperature checks at park entrances. Every time. NO
  2. Pinprick blood tests at the park entrances (which you only need to take once: results are added to you MDE). NO
  3. Masks compulsory for CMs. NO
  4. Masks compulsory for guests. NO
  5. No parades. NO
  6. No fireworks. NO
  7. No theatre shows. NO
  8. No FPPs. All lines are standby, with markers on the ground indicating six foot gaps between parties. If lines are full you have to come back another time. MAYBE
  9. One or more parks closed for the duration of your trip. (Would it matter which one?) MAYBE
  10. No table service restaurants. Quick service with floor markings as for rides. MAYBE
  11. No quick service restaurants. Table service only, with limited tables spread out in the restaurants. Two course maximum to ensure quick throughput. NO
  12. No character meet-and-greets, including at meals. NO
  13. All parks closed. Resorts only. All pools / gyms shut. PROBABLY (for DL, YES for WDW)

We have a Disneyland trip planned in late July. If the parks aren’t open there is little reason for us to go. I would only consider a resort only stay if it was at the Grand Cali or DL Hotel. For WDW, I cannot imagine paying to fly all the way across the country, change time zones which messes me up, and deal with the hot, humid, rainy Florida weather without the parks.

2 Likes

I could live with 1, 3 & 10.

3 Likes