What's the dealbreaker for you?

I was interested the gradual increase in attendance cap and expansion of the virtual queues. My experience with Volcano Bay was we returned to a line with the virtual queue but that was in the first year.

1 Like

2 - not interested in blood tests at all - not confident it would be handled properly
4 - I couldn’t keep a mask on for more than 10 minutes, let alone all day
13 - that’s the whole point, but I normally stay off-site, so parks is a big part of the reason for going

1 Like

2 and 13 for me.

1. If I can’t use any FastPasses, that would be pretty rough on my plans and having our schedule up in the air. A handful of virtual queues might change my mind on this one.

2. I could probably live with one park being closed. If two were, I would definitely postpone.

13 You’re kidding right.

++ @OBNurseNH … you lost me a #1 because if that is supposed to be a part of the solution then I wouldn’t have much faith in the rest of the decisions.

2 Likes

I’m not sure any of those are enough to cause me to cancel a Disney trip. The only one that made me pause was #13. We still have a trip scheduled in June and as a family we have agreed that we will go even if all the parks are closed because we could hang out at the pool at the resort. If the pool were closed too, then we would really have to discuss canceling it.

3 Likes

I could handle #1, #5 and #7.
I would honestly rather wait longer to go back than to go to a half opened park with no characters and everyone wearing masks. Disney was such a special vacation for my family when we went, I wouldn’t want to experience only part of that. I want it all and I would prefer to just keep saving my money and plan a bigger, better trip :money_with_wings:

This is assuming that things will eventually go back to normal. We cancelled our May trip and are now planning to go in 2022, if these are still the options in 2 years, I will likely need a vacation so badly by then that I’m sure I would consider more of these as options.

3 Likes

I didn’t read all the responses here, but I wanted to say that I’ve been paying a lot of attention to the cruise you tube etc. and there is a lot of talk about them taking temps when you board the ship. Basically you walk through something, one at a time, and it’s very fast. That would be acceptable. I can’t imagine any situation in which a blood test would be acceptable. That just introduces way too many variables that could get out of control. And, seriously, would your little kid ever want to go back to Disney again if it involved getting blood tested? I won’t go back to an expensive and far away park like Disney again until I can have the type of experience I’m used to from them. I wore a mask for the first time today to get groceries. Since my husband did the last big grocery run it had been several weeks, and now Maryland requires it. Ok for an hour grocery trip, definitely NOT ok for an entire day out at a Disney park. My glasses fogged up a lot. Besides, who wants all their photos to have most of their face obscured?

3 Likes

Numbers 4, 7, 9, and 13. The trip is too expensive to not see every park and at least see most shows.

Agreed. I think both are a good approach. The question on limiting attendance is what the parks break even point is. At what level of attendance does it pay the bills of operating vs staying closed? The part that sticks with me through all of this is the illusion of safe. They know that they can’t actually make it 100% safe, so they say they want the guests to “feel” safe. It’s a play on words that is just rubbing me the wrong way today. I mean I get it. But now that I see what they’re actually saying it bothers me.

3 Likes

Depending on the reason for the trip and who I’m traveling with, some of those don’t bother me but it varies.

For the trip I had planned in March with my 7yo, I would have been fine with 1-5, 8, 12.

For the trip I have booked in October with my 9yo (that I highly doubt will happen), 1-6 and 12 are fine (2 will be a nightmare with that child), the rest would have me reconsidering.

Im an 8 and 13 as well. I live for the FFP snags. Its like the highlight of my day, lol. Possibly 9, it would depend on the park.

'4. Florida in July with a mandatory mask on your face? No thanks.
’ 8. Part of this maybe? The line space could handle, no FPP and turned away at ques sounds like making touring hell…
'9. Closed parks would keep us away in all likely hood.
’ 13. Pools are likely a deal breaker as well.

Likely the combined effects that I will measure though. My guess at this time is we will cancel completely (moved from May to July) at the appropriate time. Keeping a sliver of hope and possibility, but not optimistic.

My deal breakers would be 5, iffy on 8 depends on CL, 9 would depend on park and I’d likely expect a partial refund, 12, 13. We have a December extended family trip booked and then a September which we had not decided before all this if we wanted or not.

My kids would be thrilled to have a blood test be rewarded with Disney :rofl:

Currently they get nothing when they have to get blood tests or shots at the doctor (ok, maybe a sucker or a sticker when they were toddlers), at least at Disney, I can point to the gate RIGHT THERE and be like…you wanna go in? this is what we’ve got to do.

(not saying blood tests are feasible or reasonable or likely, just that kids fear of a blood test wouldn’t factor into it for me)

So much this.

Hence the change in TOS and release of liability

1 Like

But just think, after it happens once, every time they leave the doctor’s office they’ll be like "Yay! We’re going to Disney World! "

6 Likes

Hard to up the ante after Disney World!

1 Like

Ditto.

2 - Not comfortable with the company taking or having that info.
9 - We have 4-park magic tickets. I may be able to overlook it if either AK or EP was closed and I could go to an open park 2 days.
11 - Would really like quick food options.
13 - No go.

I would also add that I would consider driving if it is not safe to fly.

1 Like

I have been re-thinking my answer, as it is highly likely that masks could be a requirement when the parks open back up. Right now, we have a trip to Universal booked for Aug 31-Sept 4. This was already a reschedule from end of May. If the parks are open by the trip, I am certain that many safeguards would be in place still such as masks being required. I wore my first mask yesterday going out to get groceries. It did not fit well, and was uncomfortable. It was challenging to communicate to DH, and hurt our ears. Now, i’m going to try buying a better fitting one, so hopefully my next one won’t be so uncomfortable.
But when I think about our trip to Universal… would I REALLY enjoy our vacation having to wear masks the whole time? What about the pools, would they be open? Probably not. But if yes, there’s no way i’d swim with a mask on.
I think once our trip gets closer, I will really have to think about what the requirements are and if they are worth the money. Universal is a relatively inexpensive trip compared to Disney, but I was looking forward to it because I thought it would be 5 days of ultra-relaxation with no planning (we were planning on low lines for Sept crowds or the use of Expres Passes). Now, that seems like it may not be the case. Boy, this vacation business has become stressful.

2 Likes