What would you get in line for seven hours for?

:rofl: Yes, I did not leave the gig naked! :flushed:
I tied my jumper/woolly sweater around my waist and it fell off never to be seen again :sob:
I had to walk home in just a t-shirt :cold_face:

6 Likes

And pants ?

I was cracking up about your losing your jumper in the mosh pit. Cuz when I was 17 there was no such thing. And then I spent too much time - but not 7 hours - trying to figure out when mosh pits became a thing.

2 Likes

money! i would wait that long for money. If i was guaranteed $400 (since i’m not an AP holder, i’d have to pay for a day ticket, so take home pay would be about $290), i would absolutely stand in line for 7 hours. I’m a stay at home mom, and i assume i’d be w/o my kids, so heck, i’ll do it for $300. Not $200 though. And if i had to wait 7 hours WITH my kids? forget it. Can’t pay me enough.

Though i suppose if i had to travel there, it’d have to be more. Assuming i’d want to take home $200, plus $109 for a ticket, plus $130 for gas, and maybe $80 for a hotel overnight, and then $200 to fly my MIL down to watch the kids, and then $60 for food and $40 some disney alcoholic beverages…

i’ll wait in line for 7 hours for $800.

12 Likes

Yes, and pants/trousers!!
This was not intended to be a story of indecency!!! :see_no_evil::rofl::rofl:

6 Likes

I might wait in line - if I had a chair - for 7 hours for an all expenses paid week at WDW at Coronado Springs. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

3 Likes

The surprise is spoiled. She saw the news reports about the lines etc. and texted me. Now she’s mad that she won’t get one :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

19 Likes

The only thing I could think of at WDW.

Wake up at 2:30 am. Board a bus and wait around until 5:00am. Then run for 4.5 hours to get a WDW Marathon Weekend Marathon medal.

That was just over 7 hours for me… :grin:

10 Likes

Such a perfect answer

1 Like

I was thinking same thing…runDisney waits are long to do races. And now unfortunately the line to get into merch tent at expos.

2 Likes

I would wait in line for 7 hours if beach front properties, epic vacations, great, no cost health insurance for life, college tuition or lots of money were guaranteed if you waited. nothing else! I mean seriously we happily went to the 3 Caballeros instead of FEA b/c the line was too long! Luckily my kid feels the same way!

5 Likes

Has no one else asked what kind of magic hot dogs these were? There has to be a story here.

3 Likes

I’ve been in line as long as overnight for tickets to Shakespeare in the Park - particularly for the closing night of Into The Woods. Especially if you do it with friends it’s kind of an experience. But even if you don’t, you form a little community with people around you and it’s still fun.

Same here, I’ve always done the planning and my family has been spoiled with 25 mins or less. I can only remember waiting an hour 3 times ever. Once, Sorin went down for 30 mins after waiting 20 mins already. Then when 7DMT opened, couldn’t get a FP (not worth the 1 hr + wait) and when DH and I went solo past Dec for Avatar ( but the queue can be considered an attraction itself, so not too bad)

1 Like

I waited four hours for BBQ for a popular austin restaurant. I was allowed to bring a chair. It was not worth the four hour wait. I can’t imagine anything that wasn’t life or death that I would wait in line for that long again.

3 Likes

Life saving procedures or supplies…and nothing else.

4 Likes

is popcorn a supply ? :thinking: :smirk: :laughing:

2 Likes

About 7 years ago, DW and I went to explore that City With Broad Shoulders, Chicago.
Amongst other quintessential Chicagoan experiences, there was a restaurant called Hot Doug’s that only served various “encased meats” and duckfat fries but attracted crowds that regularly extended for blocks. The owner had announced he was closing that Autumn, so it was now or never.
DW normally wouldn’t cross the street for a hot dog but to her credit, she gamely went along.
As it was more on the outskirts of the downtown core but closer to O’Hare, we plunked down in that immense line-up with all of our luggage and spent our arrival day, edging closer to lunch.
Most interestingly, the restaurant was able to feed the masses without any table reservation system or actual wait for a table. You ordered, moved on down to the cash, and then as if by magic when you picked up your order there was someone finishing at their table. No doubt it helped that everything was coming off the grill at about the same time.
The menu offered a score of sausages and hot dogs, some common but most of them with meats and spices we wouldn’t have found elsewhere. So we each grabbed two, and shared an order of fries.
We both agreed they were amazing sausages.
Minutes later, shaking our heads at the incredible, never ending line that continued to form up outside, we moved on to check out what else Chicago had to offer.

8 Likes

Thanks for sharing!

Chicagoans do take pride in their hot dogs. One of my officemates in grad school was from up there and he would speaking poetically about the greatness of the Chicago Dog. There was a hot dog place in town that he would take us to that was good, not great. I recall him telling me the right way to eat one involved putting this mix of onions and peppers on it, but not being particularly adventurous with my eating then, I don’t recall trying it to see if that made the dogs the nirvana-inducing trip he claimed.

2 Likes

Do travel delays count? DS16 (at the time) and I were part of a Boy Scout council contingent to Philmont Scout Ranch (Cimarron, NM) and we all traveled by train from Iowa. We all went to the train depot in Raton to catch the train back home, and had to wait there for a train that arrived more than 8 hours late (it had engine issues and couldn’t travel as fast as usual). 9 adults, 27 youth, and not much ability to wander beyond the station.