What would you get in line for seven hours for?

Right up there will batuu coke bottles.

1 Like

Born and raised Chicagoan here.
The neon green relish that is an integral part of a Chicago Style Dog is a vile, sweet, sugar laden, mess. It’ll never touch my dog if I can help it. Honestly gives me the heebie jeebies just thinking about it.

2 Likes

The only acceptable accompaniments to a hot dog are: ketchup, mustard and fried onions. End of.

1 Like

Real Chicagoans would punch you for using the K word. Just be warned. If you use that word when describing favorite things on a dog, and a few angry ppl start coming towards you with fists raised and furrowed brows, I suggest you start saying “aluminum” over and over, so they’ll know you’re from across the pond. You’ll get a pass. Also, don’t start talking loudly about cigarettes over here, either.

I won’t hate on you, but ketchup, really?

1 Like

Of course ketchup. That is a hot dog: white soft bun, big sausage thing, mustard, ketchup and (naturally sweet) fried onions.

Anything else is a perversion.

1 Like

Is relish acceptable??
A proper hot dog does need something tomatoey.
(Although as long as it’s got onions, I can live without ketchup if necessary).

Precisely.
Ketchup is for burgers. And only when actual tomatoes or salsa is unavailable.

Has Joey been wrong all these years???!!!

2 Likes

So, what IS the correct use of ketchup?? :exploding_head::rofl:

1 Like

Basically, whatever children like it on. I see them using it a lot on French Fries, and with chicken nuggets.

Ketchup is for life, not just for children!!

4 Likes

Yes, this was my officemate’s other Dog Rule

Franklins? I used to live across the street from them before they blew up and we had it as our moving in meal because it was right there. Then when people started showing up pre dawn we were like, well I guess that’s the end of that.

Especially when you can go a few blocks in the other direction and get Stubbs with little to no wait.

1 Like

Are you one of those “adults” that thinks boneless wings are really wings?

I don’t think I can relate to ''adult" when I’m sitting chuckling at “boneless” :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

6 Likes

Oh I get it. This must be one of those translation things. Like “chips” vs fries, or “biscuit” vs cookies. Here in the U.S., we call them pickles. You must be thinking of our “pickles” when you say ketchup.

:innocent:

1 Like

You should be in jail.

3 Likes

Well, THAT list of reasons is lengthy - but my hot dog garnish selection is 100% legal and legit.

1 Like

I used to put ketchup and mustard on a hot dog until someone said ketchup isn’t for hotdogs. So I tried it with just mustard and discovered they were right. It is better with no ketchup!

2 Likes

Just when I thought you and I were getting closer, you pull a stunt like this.

2 Likes