What would you get in line for seven hours for?

This is exactly what I can’t comprehend about this. I can understand waiting in line for a special experience (only to some extent/time). or even a special product, but there has to be something actually special about it. A $0.05 plastic bucket that they made 5000 of is not that.

I’ve waited around 2 hours for a few attractions in the past, including MFSR, that is pretty much my limit for a theme park experience. But certainly not for a novelty product. I would wait 5 minutes for it if one of my kids really wanted one. 10-15 minutes if there was ice cream involved.

3 Likes

This calculation works both ways - that’s what you pay for a ticket and that’s what you get for the bucket on eBay :joy:

(for non AP’s)

1 Like

hahaha, I was thinking of the hourly wage calculations… better than most :wink: But I agree w/ you… .after the cost of a ticket and parking you break even… not a good bargain afterall

I get impatient waiting in line an hour for Frozen Ever After :crazy_face: …now way, way, back in the day, I did wait in line overnight for concert tickets. But I was 17, you did things like that then 😵‍💫

2 Likes

FTFY

I have SW action figures. I played with them. Kids play with them.
Hockey cards went into bike spokes.
Nobody was looking to cash in on selling them.

The other day tried to buy DD6 Pokemon cards. Basic starter set $250.
And endless customer reviews online ranting about vendors stealing the best cards and re-sealing packaging before selling products.

1 Like

Can’t think of anything I would stand in line for that long. As others have said - something life saving. Food if I needed it. Cash. Free cash, but it would have to be a lot of $$.

2 Likes

Definitely not much at WDW. Maybe I’d wait in a park - but not in only one line - for time to leave on departure day.

Since our well - drilled in the late 60s - went dry on 5 January (after murky water developed on 2 January) I’ve discovered a new appreciation for clear water right out of the kitchen faucet. Still pondering how long I’d wait in the clear water line. :thinking:

2 Likes

If I were on the Titanic, I’d wait seven hours for a lifeboat.

6 Likes

Well, that would be an unfortunate end for you since it went down in under 3hrs…

10 Likes

Good point.

3 Likes

TWSS

10 Likes

I mean she would be also saying “and thank GOD for that because 3hrs???”

6 Likes

I can’t think of a single thing I would wait in line 7 hours for. I have waited that long for a combination of things (SDD + ROTR + FOP, etc.) but 7 hours is too much for a single stretch in line. And I certainly value my time too much to wait that long for merchandise, let alone something I could buy off eBay if I really wanted it (even at $200, but honestly you could find a bargain if you wait a bit).

And if there was some piece of merch I really wanted, it would not be a popcorn bucket!!!

4 Likes

I was thinking how most of us bemoan a wait longer than 30 minutes for anything around here.

5 Likes

Yeah I get pissy at the 30m mark. The entire point of TP is to minimize waiting. I wouldn’t wait 2 hours for any ride, even rotr and fop.

2 Likes

Oh! I was in line for 2.5 days for football tickets at a rival stadium when I was in college.

But that isn’t at all the same thing. That experience was a total blast and didn’t really involve getting into a physical line until the last 2-3 hours. Definitely a one-and-done experience, but we had tents, and music, and charcoal grills, etc. to keep us busy in the waiting.

2 Likes

I was reading through thinking ‘nope, nothing I would wait 7 hours for’, but then this reminded me that I have done this at a similar age :woman_facepalming:t4::rofl:

It occurs to me now that I have more memories from the camping out overnight in the line than the actual concert - does that make it worth it? I’d argue yes. All I remember from the concert (apart from the overall memory that it was good), was losing my favourite jumper in the moshpit :pensive:

5 Likes

:exploding_head::exploding_head::exploding_head: Wow!!!

I charge $70 an hour for my services. So waiting two hours might make sense. But then there’s the opportunity cost of the wait.

1 Like

Exactly that. But I was alongside friends and college students, so it was just an adventure in itself.

Laughing about the jumper. Because here that would be your whole dress, but I think in translation that’s a sweater, right? :joy:

3 Likes