What’s your (unpopular) opinion(s)?

Your list alone makes this thread worth reading. :clap: :trophy:

9 Likes

I enjoy the reading the message boards and keeping up on what is going on at Disney, but I can’t imagine going to WDW more than once every couple of years, let alone more than once per year.

I was underwhelmed by FOP

I enjoyed my trip with just me and my wife way more than going with my preschooler

11 Likes

I don’t know if this counts as unpopular or not, but I love magic bands and would be sad to just go with my phone

15 Likes

I think the popcorn bucket craze is weird, especially when everyone who posts a video about them says “you can’t really get the popcorn out very easily.” Looking at you Simba and Millennium Falcon.

19 Likes

Yes, I do.:wink:

3 Likes

Me too. Which reminds me:

• I’d rather stay at GDT than any of the MK resorts.
  • If you’re paying rack rate at a deluxe, you lose the privilege to complain about Disney price increases for the rest of your life.
11 Likes

Y &Y does suck, the meal I had there was mediocre at best and I can cook better Asian food myself, will never go back

3 Likes

Totally agree, I used to like leaving my phone back in the room so pockets were free soon I will need it to use the Restroom :wink:

5 Likes

This! It kinda skeeves me out that people are declaring spots at Walt Disney World “sacred”.

4 Likes

This is interesting. Had you gone much before FPP? I canceled my trip for 2014 bc they rolled out FPP. The idea of being “locked in” turned me off. We did manage to go in 2016 once hacks had been established, etc. But I really liked G+ a ton. I wish it didn’t cost as much as it does, but it’s a better system for me. More flexible.

3 Likes

You know, I would be fascinated to see the difference in preference over FP+ versus G+ mapped to personality types.

We are major planners. My DS23, however, hates to be pinned down to anything. But he has a personality type (talking Myers Briggs here) that would rather be spontaneous. For us…we have to plan in spontaneity! :wink:

3 Likes

I’d prefer to go without park reservations, too, but believe those are here to stay for staffing purposes.

I am absolutely a planner and I love research, but I want to be able to change parks based on what my family needs. If we realize we need to swap around our off days. Or around the weather. Or bc we find out we would rather have a second day at X rather than Y.

ETA original FP and MaxPass were better for flexibility.

3 Likes

Little late to the game and don’t think I saw this already mentioned but Soarin is overrated. Not worth waiting for.

4 Likes

I have been thinking for a while now that it would be fun have a thread about personality types. I have read extensively about the Jung theory about cognitive functions and like to observe others and try to guess their personality types. The nice thing about that is understanding people that are different from you, how they think and operate.

4 Likes
4 Likes

I’m triggered. :pleading_face:

(But you still made me LOL :rofl: - the earring! :sweat_smile:)

6 Likes

Great!!! I was going to create another one, so thank you!

1 Like

Did you mean to delete the thread?

2 Likes

Yes, because it already exists and I didn’t realize. Best not to duplicate topics.
Thanks for asking!

1 Like

And I had such high hopes for you

6 Likes