What’s your (unpopular) opinion(s)?

This is interesting. Had you gone much before FPP? I canceled my trip for 2014 bc they rolled out FPP. The idea of being “locked in” turned me off. We did manage to go in 2016 once hacks had been established, etc. But I really liked G+ a ton. I wish it didn’t cost as much as it does, but it’s a better system for me. More flexible.

3 Likes

You know, I would be fascinated to see the difference in preference over FP+ versus G+ mapped to personality types.

We are major planners. My DS23, however, hates to be pinned down to anything. But he has a personality type (talking Myers Briggs here) that would rather be spontaneous. For us…we have to plan in spontaneity! :wink:

3 Likes

I’d prefer to go without park reservations, too, but believe those are here to stay for staffing purposes.

I am absolutely a planner and I love research, but I want to be able to change parks based on what my family needs. If we realize we need to swap around our off days. Or around the weather. Or bc we find out we would rather have a second day at X rather than Y.

ETA original FP and MaxPass were better for flexibility.

3 Likes

Little late to the game and don’t think I saw this already mentioned but Soarin is overrated. Not worth waiting for.

4 Likes

I have been thinking for a while now that it would be fun have a thread about personality types. I have read extensively about the Jung theory about cognitive functions and like to observe others and try to guess their personality types. The nice thing about that is understanding people that are different from you, how they think and operate.

4 Likes
4 Likes

I’m triggered. :pleading_face:

(But you still made me LOL :rofl: - the earring! :sweat_smile:)

6 Likes

Great!!! I was going to create another one, so thank you!

1 Like

Did you mean to delete the thread?

2 Likes

Yes, because it already exists and I didn’t realize. Best not to duplicate topics.
Thanks for asking!

1 Like

And I had such high hopes for you

6 Likes

And I still love WDW. I unloaded because the premise of the thread seems to grant me immunity from recourse. You should see my lists for things I don’t like. :joy:

10 Likes

Same with us. Can’t pass up the Volcano !

6 Likes

I should have just stayed out of here LOL :wink:

I’ll pretend you never said those vile things

8 Likes

I laughed out loud at several of these. Especially this one…

And this one…

I too, don’t get the hate for Disney transportation. I hate driving in unfamiliar places. I love having someone else drive me around for once.

8 Likes

I don’t hate Disney transport, and it took a few times of having a car to really notice the difference, but it really is so much better being in full control of your own destiny. Eg, when we stay at OKW? I can be at Epcot in under 10 mins - and I mean parked and everything. I’m there before the bus has even begun making the rounds. Can’t beat it.

That said, it’s super fantastic that you have the option available if you don’t feel like driving, too. Like if I’m solo and will be imbibing, I use Disney transport.

But it is squishy and gross and slow and crowded and it’s one more line to wait in in the midst of a day of waiting. If I can pass on it, I will every time now that I’ve been converted

Edited: mid-day buses are great though, and often you get your own. Then? I love it.

11 Likes

It’s just that it takes longer and it’s unpredictable. People that are impatient and control freaks (me) won’t like it.

3 Likes

He is not answering… I guess we will never know

Lol

3 Likes

Unpopular opinions? Heh.

Having a seen-out-the-window familiarity with the 200 foot strip on either side of the Greeneway between the airport and the WDW bubble doesn’t make you an expert on Florida. Particularly with respect to weather.

If you got rained on from some fringe weather from a tropical system while at WDW, you didn’t “survive a hurricane.”

8 Likes

We made it without a car this time, but I hated it some of the days. It was great on HS and EP days as the boats between the parks and the resorts was timely. But AK and MK, ugh! And DS was bad too. We either had to walk to YC or BW and take their buses to MK (which gets real old when it is so dang hot), or take the Dolphin bus which drops you at the TTC and then you need to monorail/boat. It took me a full hour to get back from MK the other day, I tried it just to see. AK was okay, drop off was good but for pickup at the park they don’t send their buses fast enough. We lyfted home. DS was terrible, we lyfted the second day and that was great. Anyway, this is why I don’t like being carless. Mostly a complaint about transportation from the Dolphin. If we had been staying at YC or BW, I likely would have thought it was good. I just hate having something take an hour that should take 10 minutes. :rofl:

4 Likes