What’s your (unpopular) opinion(s)?

We got a Crumbl near us early in the pandemic. It became a weekly treat especially among the high schoolers in our group.

Freshly Baked - Even with picking them up, they are never really warm and ooey gooey.

We have tried all the kinds and I am consistently disappointed in them. Sure, I still sample them, but then hate that I wasted calories on them. The chocolate chip are too doughy; I prefer ones that are crispier. The chocolate based cookies are too dry. The peanut butter ones are ok. The one that is usually the best to me is the iced sugar cookie - which is chilled. That one is super sweet, but reminds me of cookies we’d get from a bakery during my childhood.

Haven’t tried Gideon’s because I didn’t want to stand in the line at Disney Springs. If I ever run across one in the wild without a line, I’ll try them.

2 Likes

For me the problem is largely that it’s the same 1 or 2 base cookies with crap on top’

My family goes wild for them, but I’ve discussed that they have no sense when it comes to good food

4 Likes

Yeah, they sound like Cold Stone but for cookies. Blech! I don’t want to waste calories on them.

The crumbl near us donated cookies to our church youth group Christmas party. The one that resembles a pecan pie might be the best cookie I’ve ever had in my life. I just tasted most of the others, and they were nothing special to me.

I had cold stone for the first time a few weeks ago, and it was magnificent. They weren’t charging by the topping; we were allowed to put anything we wanted together. I made a beautiful concoction with coffee flavored ice cream and crushed Oreos, dark chocolate, peanut butter and coconut.

3 Likes

Wow. Ours always are warm (unless it’s the iced ones that are supposed to be chilled).

1 Like

Nerd alert -

I looked at on-ride videos, and Tron is nearly 2 minutes from start to finish, it’s the fast part that is 1 minute. I checked this before but I wanted to compare it again.

Here’s what it looked like on videos, I may be off on some a bit but I compared at least two videos per ride from what seemed to be full ride videos without cutting. excluding the standing still part at the very end which varies on all of them depending on the loading process:

Tron: 1:55 full ride, 00:58 faster speed

7DMT: 2:06 full ride, about 1:00 seconds of faster speed

SDD: 1:40 full ride, 1:00-1:10 of faster speed

GotG: 3:30 full ride, 1:30 fast part

RnRC: 1:50 full ride, 1:05 fast part

It’s obviously a bit difficult to compare as some of them crawl a bit more at slow-ish speeds where as Tron seems to be pretty fast for that one minute, same for GotG.

So Tron seems to be the shortest of these, but not by much compared to 7DMT and SDD. And you could argue that it’s a lot more faster and has less crawling than 7DMT and SDD so you get “more” in that short time. GotG is clearly the longest.

edit: mixing up words again :woozy_face:

10 Likes

Thank you for doing this analysis! I did the same (with some different comparative attractions) but didn’t write it down so I didn’t have exact numbers.

5 Likes

Ah, thank you. Makes sense

2 Likes

Still unacceptable that the train was out of commission for as long as it was for such a short ride. Granted I’m never going to ride it since we leave WDW on the day Tron opens.

3 Likes

There were other reasons but I can’t post them.

:thinking:

We’ll just assume it’s Chapek’s fault.

6 Likes

Bodies to bury under the tracks?

9 Likes

Damn you guessed it!

4 Likes

There was no guessing. They had one of those things like the buy-a-brick going on.

5 Likes

See the memes and jokes thread
“Burbank” means different things to different people :wink:

4 Likes

how’re you just gonna drop that and then shuffle off like it’s just a Thursday?

7 Likes

Never say never!

1 Like

I expect my sister - former OR tech - knows.

Her mind goes, pessimistically, to worst case scenario with every injury. Despite lengthy wordiness to the contrary.

Ex-daughter in law was also OR tech but her go to is recounting with relish the most horrific cases.

2 Likes

Correction, DH and I will never ride it together.

1 Like

:anguished:

I hate it’s opening right when you are leaving!!

1 Like