TRON, a poll

I remember it too. I think it was close to the same as 7DMT, but maybe that was track length :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

Yes. Tron track is 50% longer than 7DMTā€¦but it is significantly faster, hence so much shorter ride time.

3 Likes

Not I. All Iā€™ve read is Tron is on the short side.

1 Like

I voted based on Shanghai so if theyā€™re different maybe Iā€™ll change my vote after I ride it in Florida.

2 Likes

That explains why I couldnā€™t find it. Someone did it though! :thinking:

1 Like

I found it! It was from another dude with a black and white avatar. :sweat_smile::rofl:

3 Likes

I should probably be offended

5 Likes

Another comparison, RnRC is just under 90 sec.

1 Like

Here is the full list with RnRC added:

6 Likes

Keep modest expectations. Its good, not great. B+ā€¦but since itā€™s so short, B-

6 Likes

I put Met Expectations - because they were low based on what Iā€™ve read :rofl: We had talked to a CM too while over at GFC and sheā€™s like donā€™t compare it to CR. Itā€™s going to be hard for any ride to meet the bar set by CR. Tron would have been better served had it opened before CR as planned.

2 Likes

Here in the UK at Alton Towers we have Oblivion (it was the worlds first vertical drop coaster) and including the lift its about 47 seconds. Its decades old now but I remember deciding not queue for 90 minutes for it! Itā€™s fun. Just not worth the wait or a paid fastpass. Nowadays it s often a walk on.

1 Like

Iā€™ll be able to hopefully vote in a few days. I have a feeling it will be a fun but not a must do. I love coasters but hate waiting. 7DMT is super fun but super short. I wonā€™t pay for it, RD it or wait an hour + for it. :woman_shrugging:
Look at me going in with my low expectations!

3 Likes

Giving this a little bump since I think there are a few Liners with trips coming up!

3 Likes

Iā€™m not being snarky when I say: Thank you THANK YOU to everyone who said Tron was good but not great, nowhere near as fun as GotG, just a step up from SDMT, etc.

Inflated expectations have been the bane of my recent new-ride experiences. In spring 2022 I did these four rides for the first time:

• Rise of the Resistance
  • Flight of Passage
  • VelociCoaster
  • Hagridā€™s Motorbike Adventure

and only Hagridā€™s lived up to my expectations. I liked them all but for various reasons the other three were ever so slightly disappointing. I thought RotR was going to have more thrill-ride aspects (itā€™s one of the best Disney dark rides though). The FoP projections were janky on my first go-round (Iā€™ve ridden it twice since with much better visuals and now itā€™s one of my favorites). From the hype I expected VelociCoaster to be the best coaster ever (not really close, for me).

So I wasnā€™t expecting to be blown away by Tron. But my friends: I loved Tron.

I just voted ā€œExceed expectations.ā€ Iā€™m not sure the ride would have even ā€œMet expectationsā€ if I hadnā€™t seen all the meh reviews first. :laughing:

7 Likes

Iā€™m really glad you loved it! And came back to vote!

I kind of forgot about this poll :rofl:

3 Likes

It needed a bump!

3 Likes

I forgot about this one & just changed my vote (initially Other bc I hadnā€™t yet ridden it when initially voting) to Meets Expectations. I wholeheartedly agree that knowing ahead of time it was not going to be all the hype, especially after getting on Cosmic Rewind for my first time the day before, helped tremendously in that. But the queue was super cool (probably moreso than the ride IMO) & when Disney can get that theming right, it really makes me a happy theming-immersed camper. And it did help that part of our party was a computer software engineer who had done one of his final college projects creating a Tron game from his complete love of the game, so there was a lot of geeking out I was witnessing.

4 Likes

Rise is a great ride but with the things that are broken seemingly long term like the cannons itā€™s less great. And the more you ride it, the less great it is. But the first time I was blown away. I had never done anything so completely immersiveā€¦the leadup was incredible and the CMs on the starcruiser are fabulous. The absolutely reemed out DH for pushing buttons!

FoP matters where you sit. Like Soarinā€™ but not quite as bad, if youā€™re on the outside itā€™s not as engrossing. I also think some of the seat modifications theyā€™ve made over time have made it not quite as incredible as it first was, but maybe thatā€™s just that reridability. Itā€™s DH fave Disney ride tho.

VC was amazing the first few times Iā€™ve ridden it. And after just going to Six Flags; itā€™s miles above in its intensity. It does seem to be getting slightly more rough though. I fear for itā€™s future in the hot florida sun and thatā€™ll be like RRR rough some day.

Hagridā€™s the first time was the most incredible with the surprise aspects and reriding it is always good fun. But that first time and the complete shock when it did what it did that Iā€™d never experienced before. Iā€™ll never forget it.

Tron (in Shanghai) was so much fun but not Hagridā€™s or VC level. But I think it was the first bikestyle coaster I rode and it makes the feel of the movements so much better. Iā€™m not sure how this is gonna compare to MK version but Iā€™ll find out in October.

5 Likes

I havenā€™t been in years, but AFAIK thereā€™s still a coaster at the NJ park called Nitro. Iā€™ve ridden it many times and it was so much more fun than VelociCoaster. No inversions, just HUGE hills with stomach-lurching drops. Lots of air time! I did Apolloā€™s Chariot in Busch Gardens Williamsburg and itā€™s very similar if not identical.

2 Likes