TRON, a poll

What’s different?

This!

1 Like

We are park members to this six flags. Nitro and el toro are some of the best coasters in the country and no inversions. My DH would agree that they are far better than velocicoaster. He prefers the coaster with thrill and airtime vs tons of inversions.

1 Like

I can’t find anything with a quick search so it could be my failing memory but I thought I read they had modified them to be more accommodating to larger guests and less restrictive. I seem to remember them being tighter like on your legs the first time we rode. Again, maybe I’m wrong cuz I don’t see a record of this in the first ten articles that come up when I google “Did Disney modify Flight of Passage seats”

2 Likes

I agree with this. I think Velocicoaster is fun, no doubt. Definitely some unique-ish elements in there. But I’ve been on plenty of coasters I find better. I’m always shocked when people rank VC over Hagrid’s. I can only suspect that folks don’t do to local amusement parks that have next-level rides. Because as far as coasters in Orlando, VC would rank second (after Hagrid’s) for me. But when you throw in parks such as Cedar Point and King’s Island, it sets it down the list quite a bit.

Of course…I still think it is a great coaster. Excited to ride it again…but not as excited as Hagrid’s. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Me too.

I liked both GotG and Tron better than VC. Probably Everest (and possibly even RnRC and BTMRR) too, but I need to ride VC again to judge (have done it only once).

1 Like

Haven’t done Tron yet…but GotG, while a lot of fun, I had to work too hard to keep from feeling sick to fully enjoy it. So, there is no way I could put that ride ahead of VC. Everest is probably still my favorite coaster in all of Disney…but, I don’t think I’d put it ahead of VC.

2 Likes

During my visit a few days ago I rode GotG twice. The first time I had my usual very slight feeling of queasiness, just as I’d had in my three rides back in December. And even though the feeling was almost negligible, it still dampened my enjoyment just a bit because of the apprehension that it might worsen. But then on my second ride I was so into singing and bopping along to the music that I didn’t even think about my innards! I think maybe the dancing counteracted the vehicle motion so it didn’t affect me. In December I had nothing but the inferior Christmas song so there was no boogieing then.

Next time you ride, try some vigorous dancing! :grinning:

3 Likes

Or maybe it was riding with me?! :wink::grin:

3 Likes

Oh, maybe! :laughing:

1 Like

I voted exceeds expectations. I had heard some not so great reviews though, and went in with lower expectations than I might have otherwise. But this is a fantastic ride! Do I wish it was a little longer? Maybe, but that’s not a huge issue for me. It’s such a rush!

5 Likes

Agree. Expected it to be kind of lame based on reviews and was pleasantly surprised at how great it was. Plus the preshow is awesome, and the picture always turns out well it seems.

5 Likes

After reading our reviews, will the next batch of first-timers now approach Tron with too-high expectations and be disappointed?? #ViciousCycle :rofl:

7 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

Possibly!

4 Likes

I rode it 4/22 and rode in the rear car with our youngest who is on the autism spectrum and couldn’t tolerate the bike restraints. My calves fit for the bikes, but my thighs were uncomfortable, so it was perfect. CMs worked with us - we were delayed by 2 runs to get all 4 of us on the rear rows together.

I felt it met expectations. Super smooth and speedy. And I love rollercoasters that tilt you sideways as high speeds. My spouse loved it, and he’s a huge fan of both movies. 14 year old daredevil enjoyed it for the speed.

For WDW, I still like GotGCR better - the theming, humor, music, and swirling dark ride just take it to a different level. But I don’t think any have topped DL, California Screamin’. Looking forward to riding that again with the Incredicoaster theming this summer.

6 Likes

Hey, when did “Power” get dropped from the attraction name? It was originally TRON Lightcycle Power Run; now it’s just TRON Lightcycle / Run.

(Not that I’m complaining; they can go ahead and drop the Run part too and it will be an improvement.)

2 Likes

I rode Tron Saturday. When we finished the ride, I thought “is that it”? With that being said I did love it. It was super fun and I’m pretty sure I screamed the whole ride. Yes, it was a short ride but I don’t know that I could have kept my head and neck in that position for much longer than what I did without needed a visit to the chiropractor after riding.

6 Likes

We rode it last week for the first time. I enjoyed it and thought the restraints were OK - was a little more comfortable than I expected and gave a nice feeling of speed being in the cycle position. DS21 didn’t like the restraints though - he claimed he didn’t feel locked in and that if he let go of the handlebars he could have fallen off. No idea if he really did not get his legs locked in properly somehow as he was behind me or if he just didn’t understand the leg restraints are what is keeping you in. He rode again in the back row and enjoyed it with the more normal seating. Riding a 2nd time and observing the leg locks on the cycle, it really locks in your bottom half well which makes me skeptical on his story, but…

The launch is a fun rush and the overall ride is short, but I’m not sure that was a bad thing as I was never in that “OK, I’m ready for this coaster ride to be over now” mode that I will get to nowadays on a lot of other coasters.

3 Likes

Yes, this happens to me too when I gray out. It’s not a comfortable feeling and takes all the fun out of the thrill. I loved Tron but again haven’t done the American version so it may be diff.

1 Like