TRON, a poll

I also felt like this, but I think I was locked in. However, you see people holding up their hands (I think @JustKeepSmiling and @Wahoohokie die this in April) and I cannot psychologically do that because my brain thinks I will fall off.

4 Likes

Yes we did. I never felt like I was going to fall off. I love this ride!

9 Likes

I donā€™t know if I would feel like that if I actually let go. But I tried to let go and my little brain said Stop! Youā€™ll fall!

4 Likes

I donā€™t usually hold my arms up but decided to try it. It was difficult to keep them out like that! I was sore after riding Tron so itā€™s probably just weird me :joy:

1 Like

Tron Lightcycle Power Run is the original attraction in Shanghai Disneyland. I think people referred to that name a lot when talking about the new one coming to MK, before the name was officially announced, which dropped the Power.

They probably wanted to differentiate them for some reason.

3 Likes

Itā€™s probably something dumb, like having two attractions with the same name in a database confuses it. :rofl:

3 Likes

Oblivion is one of my favourite rollercoasters in the world. Iā€™ve never waited very long for it, either because the line is short or Iā€™ve had a Fast Track. Iā€™d rather ride Oblivion than any other ride at Alton Towers.

:open_mouth:

1 Like

Correct

2 Likes

I think I might prefer VC because I prefer the theming of the line and the wait time is much better. Have you ever done front row?

1 Like

Oh this is just crazy talk now.

2 Likes

GOTG makes you sick but not EE?

Correct

1 Like

Iā€™m still trying to figure out if I want to use a big chunk of my MNSSHP trying to ride Tron. It seems like so much fun! Iā€™ve dreamed of riding it since it was built in Shanghai. However, Iā€™ll have to stress about the VQ and use approximately 60 minutes of the party time just standing in queueā€¦

Thereā€™s nothing to spoil for this ride, for me, as it does exactly as advertisedā€¦ (no hidden surprises)

Iā€™ve ridden Hagridā€™s 30 times. The ā€œmotorbike / light cycleā€ style of vehicle is not as novel as it was when I used to dream about Tronā€¦

I could have a ā€œrelaxedā€ evening for my first time back to WDW and ignore Tron entirely.

WWYD?? (A poll within a poll!)

• Ride Tron! Itā€™s worth the time & effort getting a VQ + waiting to ride
  • Skip Tron! Use that time to do so much more & not stress
  • Other - Comment below

0 voters

THANKS!!

2 Likes

Can you not buy an ILL?

1 Like

As far as I can tell, there are no ILL during the party. Only a VQ you can join at 6pm.

2 Likes

Voted other. Can you buy ILL for Tron during party?
** I see Matt asked the same

Will you have another day to go to Magic Kingdom to experience Tron?

If yes to either one, skip Tron VQ during party. If no to both, itā€™s a fun ride but personally I wouldnā€™t want to lose an hour of paid party time to ride it. Itā€™s not going anywhere. There will be other opportunities in the future. Just depends on party priorities. I very rarely go to parties so for me, it would be a pass.

3 Likes

Since parties havenā€™t started yet we donā€™t know it they will sell ILL during. (at least I havenā€™t heard yet)

I think the best use of time would be to buy an ILL for right when you are let in to the park, so before day guests have left but before the party has begun. (Iā€™m not sure what time that would be off the top of my head, I want to say you are let in around 4pm?)

7 Likes

Tron is just a ride: there is no real pre-show or larger experience to it, unlike Hagrid or VC. And itā€™s a very short ride. I rode it with a stranger and we both said at the end, ā€œIs that it?ā€ The outside part is kinda cool, maybe, but even shorter. Itā€™s very smooth and delightfully refreshing inside (lovely cool air rushes past you). With Hagrid I feel like Iā€™m riding a motorcycle and I need those handlebars. With Tron youā€™re so locked in (like FOP) that itā€™s not really like riding a bike.

Itā€™s a FOMO magnet.

4 Likes

I will definitely be there to RD the event when the gates open at 4pm.

My one absolute MUST DO attraction is the Country Bear Jamboree. I have tried to go see the show since I was a kid. Habitually, no one I have traveled with ever wants to see it. Iā€™ve waited 30+ years of WDW trips! Iā€™m not waiting any more & who knows how much longer it will exist??!!??

Tron is going to close to new riders by 6pm (probably even sooner to ā€œclear the queueā€ before the party)

Thereā€™s a small chance I could rush in, get to CBJ by 4:30 - 4:45 and be out by 5:30pm. I could try to get a ILL earlier in the morning for a window of time between 5:30p - 6pm - if thatā€™s even going to be offeredā€¦ (thatā€™s my ā€œbest caseā€ for doing Tron and not interfering with the party)

Itā€™s seems stressful and unlikely. I really do want to see a show or two during MNSSHP. Having to manage that around an ā€œunknownā€ VQ time and a potential 60 minute wait makes planning for Tron really hard for meā€¦ :sob:

Nope! Iā€™m at HHN over at Universal for this trip. Iā€™m popping over to MNSSHP on a night HHN isnā€™t offered. No WDW trips planned for the next few yearsā€¦ DLR is a ā€œmaybeā€ in 2025.

1 Like

Great thinking. Even if they donā€™t sell ILLs specifically for party time, they still should be available in the 4-6 window. This is my vote @darkmite2 since you seem to want to ride.

3 Likes