TRON, a poll

I saw BlogMickey post this poll on Twitter and I thought it would be fun to see what Liners opinions are. Now that the AP previews have started I thought I would give making a poll a shot. :smiley:

If you have been on TRON did it?
  • Exceed expectations
  • Meet expectations
  • Underwhelm
  • Other

0 voters

3 Likes

I voted based on my second ride. Also thanks @Jeff_AZ with the tips for making my first poll :smiley:

2 Likes

Thank you for including an ā€œOtherā€ option - it allowed me to vote even though I havenā€™t ridden. :joy:

2 Likes

Will you be able to change it once you ride?

1 Like

@ThorKat do you prefer GotG to Tron?

3 Likes

I much preferred GoTG to Tron, but I thought the shade being thrown at Tron was a bit unwarranted. I didnā€™t think it was horribly short (short, yes, but not horribly) and it was a lot of fun. Itā€™s funny, but we rode with 2 Minnie Van drivers who both said the same thing - if they opened in the order they were supposed to with Tron first, they thought Tron would have gotten a lot of love. But because itā€™s not as good as GotG, itā€™s getting a lot of negative reviews.

8 Likes

I have realised that it was getting negativity.
What a shame.
Just because itā€™s a short ride?

3 Likes

Iā€™m an ā€œotherā€ since I havenā€™t ridden it and likely wonā€™t for awhile (boo) but I have a friend who rode it and said it was fun! Sheā€™d probably have picked Meet Expectations!

2 Likes

Yes I do :grin: but I would put Tron above almost any ride in MK (I still really love BTMRR)

After my first ride DD22 and I both said at the same time ā€œthatā€™s it?ā€ But on my second ride it seemed better. Could it be longer? Yes! But I feel that way about almost all rides :wink:

7 Likes

You can view results without voting.

2 Likes

Yes, as long as the poll is still open by then.

1 Like

But then you donā€™t get the dopamine rush from getting to select an option! :rofl:

4 Likes

For those who have ridden itā€¦ how is the motion sickness factor? For reference, I can do Thunder, 7D. Slinky doesnā€™t make me sick, but I hate straight drops. Iā€™ve seen some ride-throughs, but theyā€™re generally too dark. Iā€™m seriously considering trying it.

1 Like

I think Len said zero problems with motion sickness for him, and GotG affected him after more than one ride.

1 Like

I had to recently start taking Dramamine after a few queasy rides on the Universal coasters. I felt it on GotG as well. I didnā€™t feel queasy on Tron. There are drops, but they werenā€™t enough for me to get that stomach twisting feeling I do on others like the backwards part on Everest.

3 Likes

Could Google, but will ask here. Is the ride longer or shorter than 7DMT? Itā€™s ok if the answer is real OR perceived.

1 Like

7DMT is 3 minutes. Tron is 2. But actual ride time starting from launch to when you stop is actually less than a minute. I would guess actual ride time on 7DMT is about 2 minutes.

So, anyhow, it is definitely short.

4 Likes

I could have sworn @DWJoe put together a summary of the durations of each major roller coaster for comparison with Tron but I canā€™t find it. IIRC, Tron was longer than 7DMT. Edit: or maybe not, but itā€™s hard to compare because 7DMT has a lot of ā€œslow timeā€ whereas Tron is rush, rush rush.

1 Like

I remember it too. I think it was close to the same as 7DMT, but maybe that was track length :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

Yes. Tron track is 50% longer than 7DMTā€¦but it is significantly faster, hence so much shorter ride time.

3 Likes