What do you want in the next version of Lines?

Is this the website or the app? I am struggling with the separation in my mind.

Uh…you raise a good point. I usually use the web version for planning, so I’m not entirely sure about the app in this case. Let me see.

Oh. I found it. You can do it in the app as well. If you are looking at your plan, select, “Edit Plan and FP+” and then scroll down to where the checkbox is to tell it to force it to use the FPs for Optimize.

Thanks for the tip, @ryan1. Doesn’t that change the wait time for the ride, though, and therefore make the plan think that the ride will take less time than it does? If it’s a moderately popular ride mid-morning (say, Pirates of the Caribbean at 11) that could throw your day/schedule off.

1 Like

Yes. 'Tis true. Of course, you could, in addition, insert a Break at the same time as the FP with the estimated wait time so that it is accommodated for in your plan. It isn’t a perfect solution, but does allow you to KIND OF pull off the ability to use Optimize like you want. Eventually, once you have a plan you are semi-happy with and no longer want to Optimize you can always remove the FP and break and then just evaluate instead.

All that is only meant as a stop-gap…because I think your suggestion is a good one, and I’ve run into numerous instances where I’d want to do that.

2 Likes

Hello, I’d love to see support for DAS. This would be touring plans as well as lines.

I’d also like to see a list of wait time for Buses and Skyliner.

Thank you for asking.

4 Likes

I’m working on that part of the new app and literally have no idea what a ‘super land’ is. You may be the only person that knows and uses this. :slight_smile:

It is the coolest thing! Do you see how pretty it is?

3 Likes

You need to share a screenshot for the masses. :slight_smile:

So glad you asked!

9 Likes

My favorite? Epcot dining!

3 Likes

Thanks to @PrincipalTinker, this basically the only view I use now.

2 Likes

I can’t tell what the Epcot Dining view is sorting by. Seems like it’s kind of in alphabetical order but then Nemo & Friends is at the bottom?

!!!

1 Like

For the record - Super Land is the only sort I use too. I like to see things together by proximity to help with zagging when others zig. :slight_smile:

1 Like

This is true on the web version…I don’t see it on the app, though.

One thing I’ve noticed is that there are some places where the back button doesn’t really work correctly. For example, if you on looking at a Plan, and then you select “Edit Plan and FP+”, there is a Back button at the top. If you tap it, it takes you back to the list of plans, and not back to the plan page where you can evaluate, optimize, etc.

I think I’ve experienced other places where the back button doesn’t work quite as expected, though the one above is the only one I can remember for certain.

Thank you! I never noticed the super land sort

I used that view almost exclusively. In my opinion it should be the default before a user decides which default sort view to choose.

1 Like

Security Issue.

When a person is logging in to Lines via a web browser (admittedly not the main target for this ‘app’) the server should automatically redirect regular port 80 requests to SSL (instead of me having to manually go the URL and type it).

In my opinion, all requests made to the server should redirect to 443.