What do you want in the next version of Lines?

I second this! I had no idea that I could change the sort order (maybe that should be at the top?) until I read this. That super land view is so much better than the default!

2 Likes

This is the only view that I use as well. I never knew it was a thing until @PrincipleTinker mentioned it on the forum or chat last year, it’s really a superior viewing and planning experience.

:tired_face:

I am sure it is user error- AK

2 Likes

My issue with this is that I am not in chat as much. But when I give advice on something I like to check back to see if there are further questions. Instead of scrolling through pages, I can go right back to that thread. This happened to me this weekend, checking “my chat” let me answer a question (a day late) I never would have seen again.

Yes, I too do the all the time. I only suggested it in an attempt to break the SFL habit. It is funny, years ago it was BFL- then there was an “incident” and it changed to SFL. It is not a big thing for me either way but I would prefer to avoid the drama.

I guess I figured it had to be posted and if it was posted here, on the forum, it should be from someone that loves chat and would be impacted if the “my chat” were wiped out.

I will stop rambling now…

1 Like

Yep, I use the SuperLand view every time… just got the app a month ago and once I tinkered and saw that setting I never looked back. :):+1:

1 Like

Speaking of the website… I often have to go to google and search for “forums Touring Plans” or “crowd levels touring plans” to get to the correct website/page. I am sure I’m missing some obvious link somewhere, but maybe others are having the same problem. I’m just thinking some easy “forum link” at the top and another “general touring plans website” link.

One other website thing… the CNTRL+F being a special search that overrides the browser’s cntrl+F really throws me for a loop. 3 out of 4 times I just need the browser search bar… and I’m not sure how to get to it. EDIT: OK, I just found the search in the browser’s menu… creature of habit, didn’t think to look there.

2 Likes

I would like food locations to behave like attractions when viewing in Superland. Only alphabetized within the land or area.

2 Likes

Am I the only one who is fine - happy even - with just an alphabetical list?

I was fine with it, up until @PrincipalTinker shared this information which was new to me. :smiley:

1 Like

Or maybe when selecting SL for parks/attractions it didnt effect the search for food by location.

2 Likes

When making the plans, add an option and location for character meets, and possibly even how long I should expect to wait for the meet. A map of my plan in the app. More plan steps besides rides and restaurants without having to make a custom rest, then guessing how long it will take, and where it is. Such as lantern pics, magic shots, characters, etc…

3 Likes

Another vote for superland! In fact, I am one of the few people I know who use this portion of the app to make my touring plan.

I think you should better highlight this functionality. It is so easy to read descriptions of rides and entertainment by land and add them to a TP. An obvious plus button would.make it more obvious, and add that functionality to the dining descriptions too!

My 2 others: allow times to be added before or after park close in order to capture waits during those unofficial times. Especially if you start the wait before park close, you should be able to add the time. ADR finder from the the app would be awesome too!

4 Likes

I’m interested in a way to have the ride timer stop automatically. If user gives permission, I’m convinced each ride has a signature pattern that could be determined by the motion sensors in the phone that could identify that the user is now on the ride. This could really help with uniform ride timing.

1 Like

I’d love to be able to have a same day fp drop notification-option

3 Likes

If these BGs are staying, then a way to incorporate them into the plans would be nice. Not sure how to do that, since you don’t know your BG until you get one, same day.

It takes multiple clicks to “select” your TP for the day. And you have to select from the giant list of all TP you’ve ever made. It would be nice if it defaulted to your plan for today. Or just put all of your TP for the current day at the top.

Having some sort of map functionality would be great too. I love EasyWDW’s maps, so something along those lines would really help with navigation.

I had multiple issues with buttons not working properly, wait times not submitting, etc on my trip in Dec. It’s really annoying to take the time to do a wait time but have the app malfunction and not submit. This happened about half the time for me so I gave up.

Adding a note of when to stop the timer for each attraction would be great.

3 Likes

Oh! I’ve always deleted my old TPs. It would be cool to be able to archive them instead. I’ve wanted to go back and look at what we did, but they’re gone. I do this so that I’m not searching through years of TPs but an archive would be better.

7 Likes

Switching to this has just made me SO happy. Sad I didn’t have it pre-trip this year. Ah well, always an excuse to go back, right?!