What do you want in the next version of Lines?

Fast loading and not too feature-laden that it doesn’t work well on older phones. In other words, don’t make MDE! One of the things I like best about the current version of Lines is its simplicity. I’d hate to lose that trying to make it do too many things at once.

It would be nice to have an easy way to find the reservation finder in the app, though. I’d also like to be able to search Chats (but, I know that’s a whole can of worms that already opened once and I don’t feel the need to open it again).

3 Likes

What about a simple “RIDE THIS NOW” feature that provides a list of rides in which there’s a significant Δ between current wait time and usual/expected wait time.

If I’m finished at a park at Noon I could look at what rides (in any park) would be good “value” to get on. “Oh this is a comparatively low wait time for Mine Train, FOP, etc… let’s head there!”

Similarly a “best fastpasses available right now” would be cool.

15 Likes

This may be a little bit of an edge case, but I would love a notification if a ride is reported closed (probably just when I have selected a park for the day or if I can mark I am in the parks and only get the alerts then). I’d love to know more quickly when a ride is down and I should try and get anytime FP for it.

3 Likes

I agree SFL is mostly useless soon after you become active in chat.

But I do think the My Chats feature is important just to check in on recent threads I’ve commented in to see how that discussion progressed or any responses to my own question.

I also use the technique you do - I save any info I want to remember in a Google Keep reminder.

2 Likes

Then do you need every single chat? I do like the reference of my first chat, and I too review recent posts but honestly I don’t need all 3562 pages of “my chats”. I have seen drama in the past from people “bumping” them. I suppose it might impact your chat count? Lol, I may know that when chats are deleted -poof- they never existed, and chat counts are important to some? Although I can see how many wait times I submitted and I don’t see them?

Can you “unwatch” any of the chats? Do they have to stay on your record forever?

Yes there’s no way to delete anything on chat. Unless you’re a mod.

1 Like

Then you lose the count too… there was a week I hit 1000 chats- over and over again.

1 Like

I would like a brief description of exactly where to stop the timer on some of the rides. There are some rides (preshows mess with me) I just don’t time because I don’t know where to stop it exactly…and I don’t want to mess it up!

I’m not sure where I fall on the chat ideas…I don’t use it often because it isn’t searchable and prefer to default to this forum.

5 Likes

Please avoid upgrading it so much that it’s slow to load/work like the MDE app.

5 Likes

Yes you do. I don’t think I’ve lost too many that way.

I would like to be able to have more of the website plan options (max/min walking and such).

The chat in the current form is basically unusable unless you are in it all the time (I am not).

1 Like

Ride notifications would be cool in general - like if there is a ride that you are wanting to ride, you could choose to monitor it and get a notification hat wait times are dropping, or waits dipped below 30min, etc

5 Likes

The ability to make one touring plan for park hopping days.

14 Likes

I was in the room where that happened 8;0

1 Like

Wouldn’t want to change much- keeping it simple is good. But as others say, ability to slide things up and down a TP and a back button if you optimise and don’t like it would be good.
I’m in chat way more than forum as it’s easier on my phone & is up to date. Searching something in forum is fine but you can end up with info that’s a few years out of date.

1 Like

Lol, you too should look at your chat count and add 1000😳

1 Like

agree! With different preshows I am never really sure where to stop the timer!

1 Like

I really like a lot of the ideas posted above, especially the cancel/undo functionality and the park-hopping touring plan idea.

I’d love a way to anchor an attraction to a certain time or step number. Sometimes I want to do something at a certain time of day or in a certain order, even if that means that the wait times and/or walking distances aren’t perfectly optimized. (Like maybe I want to meet a friend at a ride at a certain time.) I still want to see the optimal order for the rest of the day, though. Right now the only thing to do is optimize, then move the thing I want to move, and then never ever optimize again.

And to go into unnecessary detail… the procedure outlined above doesn’t really optimize the remaining steps. If the best order is A B C D but I want to do D second, I can do A D B C. But maybe moving B and C later changes the best order for those, ex. maybe A D C B is better than A D B C, but there’s no way for the app to tell you that because hitting optimize will just rearrange everything to A B C D. I hope that made sense!

5 Likes

Just as a short-cut until such a feature is made available…you can kind of accomplish this by creating a FP for that attraction at the time you want it. The, when you optimize, TP will keep the ride in that time window. Just add a note that it is a placeholder and not actually a FastPass. There is a checkbox you have to select to force TP to always use your FPs, though. Make sure you check it in the Advanced Options of the plan.

1 Like