What do you want in the next version of Lines?

You need to share a screenshot for the masses. :slight_smile:

So glad you asked!

9 Likes

My favorite? Epcot dining!

3 Likes

Thanks to @PrincipalTinker, this basically the only view I use now.

2 Likes

I can’t tell what the Epcot Dining view is sorting by. Seems like it’s kind of in alphabetical order but then Nemo & Friends is at the bottom?

!!!

1 Like

For the record - Super Land is the only sort I use too. I like to see things together by proximity to help with zagging when others zig. :slight_smile:

1 Like

This is true on the web version…I don’t see it on the app, though.

One thing I’ve noticed is that there are some places where the back button doesn’t really work correctly. For example, if you on looking at a Plan, and then you select “Edit Plan and FP+”, there is a Back button at the top. If you tap it, it takes you back to the list of plans, and not back to the plan page where you can evaluate, optimize, etc.

I think I’ve experienced other places where the back button doesn’t work quite as expected, though the one above is the only one I can remember for certain.

Thank you! I never noticed the super land sort

I used that view almost exclusively. In my opinion it should be the default before a user decides which default sort view to choose.

1 Like

Security Issue.

When a person is logging in to Lines via a web browser (admittedly not the main target for this ‘app’) the server should automatically redirect regular port 80 requests to SSL (instead of me having to manually go the URL and type it).

In my opinion, all requests made to the server should redirect to 443.

I second this! I had no idea that I could change the sort order (maybe that should be at the top?) until I read this. That super land view is so much better than the default!

2 Likes

This is the only view that I use as well. I never knew it was a thing until @PrincipleTinker mentioned it on the forum or chat last year, it’s really a superior viewing and planning experience.

:tired_face:

I am sure it is user error- AK

2 Likes

My issue with this is that I am not in chat as much. But when I give advice on something I like to check back to see if there are further questions. Instead of scrolling through pages, I can go right back to that thread. This happened to me this weekend, checking “my chat” let me answer a question (a day late) I never would have seen again.

Yes, I too do the all the time. I only suggested it in an attempt to break the SFL habit. It is funny, years ago it was BFL- then there was an “incident” and it changed to SFL. It is not a big thing for me either way but I would prefer to avoid the drama.

I guess I figured it had to be posted and if it was posted here, on the forum, it should be from someone that loves chat and would be impacted if the “my chat” were wiped out.

I will stop rambling now…

1 Like

Yep, I use the SuperLand view every time… just got the app a month ago and once I tinkered and saw that setting I never looked back. :):+1:

1 Like

Speaking of the website… I often have to go to google and search for “forums Touring Plans” or “crowd levels touring plans” to get to the correct website/page. I am sure I’m missing some obvious link somewhere, but maybe others are having the same problem. I’m just thinking some easy “forum link” at the top and another “general touring plans website” link.

One other website thing… the CNTRL+F being a special search that overrides the browser’s cntrl+F really throws me for a loop. 3 out of 4 times I just need the browser search bar… and I’m not sure how to get to it. EDIT: OK, I just found the search in the browser’s menu… creature of habit, didn’t think to look there.

2 Likes