What a weird week to be in Disney World

I always love reading your trip reports. I am so sorry to hear about your mom, and will definitely keep you all in my prayers.

4 Likes

Sunday! We are done with RD this trip :raised_hands:t3: I still wake up at 6:45 tho for dang Genie. We have Epcot from mid-morning thru the afternoon and are then taking the monorail to MK for MVMCP. I grabbed a LL for JC, BG1 for Guardians and bought an ILL for Guardians so we could ride twice!

I had planned on getting into Epcot around 11 but DS was up and ready to go so we left closer to 10. It was cold and rainy out. Not my idea of a lovely day. Thankfully, we were touring World Nature/Celebration/Discovery today and just hopping between buildings.

We rode Figment SB (walk on), Soarin’ (LL), LwtL (LL), Nemo (LL) - which had a 40 min SB wait. It boggles my mind people do this!!!, and SE (LL). Still rainy. Still cold. I seriously considered skipping the Christmas party because this was going to be zero fun.

We stopped to get Starbucks and hopped in the BG line for Guardians. It was 12:40ish. Our BG had long been expired. Turned blue. CMs waved us in. About 30 min from the time we got in line to the time we loaded into our transport vehicles. Not bad! We love this ride! It is so stinking fun. Disco Inferno for tunes this go round! :notes:

Got off, went to Creations to shop a bit and then hopped back in line for Guardians to use our ILL. 20 min start to finish thru this line. Somehow during this time Test Track managed to come online. It had never really stopped raining. I snagged a LL at the 12:47 drop but never got to use it as it closed down before we got off Guardians.

After our ride, we had lunch at Garden Grill and hopped the monorail over to MK.

11 Likes

15 Likes

Garden Grill is our family’s favorite! I hate being hot and sweaty at Disney, but cold and rainy? Ugh. Way to power through and still have a great time. I’m definitely keeping your family in my prayers. We were in Toy Story Land this past January when we got a text about my brother being in the e.r. with blood clots. Cried all the way back to the hotel. We drove there, so thankfully in 6 hours we were home and even managed a do-over trip in April. Hope the weather improves for the rest of your adventures!

7 Likes

We hopped on the monorail around 3:45. We rain had stopped by this point (yay!!) but it was still pretty chilly. DS wanted to take the ferry from the TTC and holy cow that was cold and windy!! Pretty view coming in.

We used our PHs to enter into the regular tapstiles around 4:20 and grabbed our wristbands at Town Hall as the party line to check in at the front gate was really long. We grabbed our ornaments as we walked into the park.

Between 4:30 and official park close at 6 we used LLs for JC, BTM and Buzz and caught a showing of Philharmagic. Our skipper - skipper Sam - was hilarious. Best one we’ve ever had! I need to remember to submit a cast compliment.

13 Likes

10 Likes

We used the hour between park close and the start of the party to ride 7D (which was posted at 55 min but ended up being 20), WtP, the teacups and Speedway.

14 Likes

At 7 the party officially hit. We had fun but I think if I had purchased tickets thinking we’d get a lot of riding done with short lines I would have been disappointed. We didn’t stay until the end and didn’t see the lines dissipate before we left.

We stopped at four different cookie stops. All with different drink options. Sugar cookies and cider at The Launching Pad, snickerdoodles and hot chocolate at Cosmic Ray’s, eggnog and sugar cookies at Tortuga’s tavern and hot chocolate and chocolate chip cookies at Columbia Harbor House. At some of the locations the cookies hadn’t come to room temp and were cold in the middle. Disappointing.

We ended up riding Space (I like it with the Christmas lights and music!), PM, and Pirates before the 8:30 parade. Then we rode Thunder and small world before the 10:00 fireworks. We tried to catch MILF after but it was down. Then we tried to get the party specific dessert from Casey’s Corner only to find out that it had sold out.

After this, we decided we were done for the evening. All in all, a great time and lots of fun but overall, I’ll likely not do MVMCP again. Just not worth the money with my whole crew.

14 Likes

15 Likes

Thank you! We love GG too. I really wish they’d bring back breakfast here.

I hope your brother has made a full recovery. :heart:

4 Likes

On to the only CL 10 day of the trip! According to TP, Monday ended up being a CL 10 for HS.

We slept in a bit. I set an alarm to get up for G+ and promptly snoozed and accidentally fell back asleep. Re-woke at 7:07 and had missed a chance at ILL for Rise. I actually was glad for this…I probably would have bought it and it was $29/pp today! Good grief.

I snagged a LL for MFSR, went and got a coffee and sat on the porch and read and watched the resort come alive. One of my favorite things to do at WDW.

We had a 9:50 ADR for Topolino’s and hopped the Skyliner around 9:35. Fave breakfast. Fave savory/sweet combo. Great spot to explore after.

9 Likes

15 Likes

After breakfast, we hopped back onto the Skyliner and made it over to HS around 11:30. Despite the high CL day, we managed to ride MFSR, AS2, TSM, SDD, and MMRR with LLs the next three hours. We also enjoyed a few snacks and explored a bit before heading to lunch. Oh, and we got stuck on MMRR for the first time so that’s always fun! :laughing:

12 Likes

14 Likes

14 Likes

We then hit up Sci-Fi for lunch followed immediately by Oga’s for a post-meal drink. DS hadn’t been to Oga’s since they relaxed all the Covid capacity limits and was like “we have to stand at the bar?!? What?!” :laughing::laughing:

14 Likes

15 Likes

After Oga’s, we watched MV3D and went to use a LL at RnRC. I had hoped to catch Fantasmic (we’ve never seen it) but the line was almost allllll the way down Hollywood Blvd at 6 for the 7:30 show. I quickly decided, no thanks.

So, after RnRC I was ready to head out. We shopped at bit and then DS got super glum about missing Rise for our last day in HS. I decided to bite the bullet, grabbed a coffee and we slugged back to Batuu to wait in the standby line. Cuz I’m a sucker….

It didn’t end up being bad at all actually. We were into the pre show with Rey in 45 minutes and were done with the whole shebang in about 70 minutes. Not nearly as terrible as if it had been in the middle of the day.

14 Likes

16 Likes

We walked back to BWI, grabbed a cute little cookie in the lobby and were back in our room to rest and watch a movie by 8:30.

18 Likes