What a weird week to be in Disney World

I’m so sorry. I’m glad you’re keeping your trip going, though. Nothing is going to happen immediately, and there is a long road ahead of all of you. Best to give DS the rest of his Disney vacation. And you too!

6 Likes

I’m so sorry. I’m glad there was someone there for you.

4 Likes

Thank you. :heart:

1 Like

I hope so. They are seemingly talking about what treatment route to go - surgery, non-surgical treatment or a combination of the two. Her oncologist is apparently very encouraging and optimistic (a 25 year cancer survivor himself) so that’s been really uplifting for all of us.

10 Likes

:sob:

4 Likes

Thank you for that. I have felt so conflicted being here. Oh, and I forgot to include up there. Grandparents told us this morning that DD8 got sick in the middle of the night and is now running a fever. :expressionless:

7 Likes

Me too. Just to be seen and acknowledged when you’re in that kind of place meant a lot.

4 Likes

Hope DD is ok.

3 Likes

Tested positive for flu A yesterday. :persevere: No symptoms other than fever and today she woke up fever free so hopefully it stays mild and no one else catches it.

9 Likes

I’m not crying. Nope, not a bit.

5 Likes

{{{{hugs}}}}

4 Likes

That’s excellent news!

1 Like

It comes in threes sometimes but that’s the limit right?!?!

4 Likes

After our dole whips, I recovered and tried to put it out of mind. Nothing to do yet anyway. We grabbed a train to Rafiki’s and drew Flash, flash 100 yard dash! Fun. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

After we got back, we checked out the new Nemo show. I liked it! I think the shortened length is better.

Took a bus to AKL for dinner at Boma, took a Minnie Van to BC for dessert at B&C and walked back to BWI. I was exhausted physically and emotionally from the day. We went to bed early with the intent on a late start Sunday.

16 Likes

18 Likes

completely random, but it’s funny how something as simple and mundane as a bus ride can feel special (at least for me) in WDW :smile:

I particularly remember the couple of occasions we’ve been on completely empty busses and it’s been calm and quiet, either early morning or very late.

(ok I also remember, despite trying to forget, the bus that was packed wall to wall with coughing people during the peak of covid)

great report btw, thanks for sharing!

4 Likes

I’m so sorry to hear about your mom, that’s really hard. I do always enjoy your trip reports and I’m pretty positive we were on the patio at Nomad at the exact same time as y’all!

6 Likes

Thank you. If you are a praying person, I’d appreciate your prayers for her. :heart:

And no way!! It was a gorgeous day to be there, wasn’t it?!?

7 Likes

She (and you) will be in my prayers!

3 Likes

Thank you so much.

3 Likes