What a weird week to be in Disney World

That is a cute cookie. Was it a good cookie, though?

5 Likes

It was yummy! Much tastier than the one we had in MK!

8 Likes

Oh my gosh! Your sons face on RnR! Same kid. Same. :blush:

8 Likes

:joy:

I totally tried to coach him to smile. That launch makes it tricky sometimes to pose!

4 Likes

That table is amazing, isn’t it? I admired it for quite a while in September

3 Likes

Yes. Goodness, I just think they are stunning.

3 Likes

The morning light on that Tree :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

7 Likes

Like, no kidding right?!

His little face!!! :heart:

9 Likes

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

I’m so thankful, for you, for the kindness of strangers and the willingness to approach in what could be an uncomfortable situation and offer some compassion and support. I’m crying as I read this - it must have been awful for you to have been so far and get this news. And your DS - what a little trooper.

Hate this

LOVE this pic!

11 Likes

Me too. It was such a touching thing for her to do. To acknowledge that she noticed I wasn’t ok and to step into an awkward space. It reminded me that I need to be mindful to do that for others and not be so afraid to be in those spaces that feel uncomfortable.

It was. And I was so sad my sister had to be there to process without me.

He was. He for sure is trying to understand how Mimi can still be sick when she is home and seems to feel so much better than before. We are still trying to decide how much to tell the kids and when that conversation will happen…

14 Likes

It is the worst. Sucks so much.

2 Likes

Me too!! I kept forcing DS to stop to take pics. At one point he said “you take the picture without me! Make memories by yourself!” to which I laughed in his face and forced him to let me hug him. :joy::joy::joy:

10 Likes

:laughing:

4 Likes

I know. My mom was diagnosed with Lymphoma on Dec 23, 2020. Thinking of you and your family and sending all the warm hugs.

4 Likes

I love that picture too! And also the ones in front of the Incredibles Kapow! Graphic. You got a lot of cute pics!

3 Likes

Oh, I’m so sorry.

My mom is only 67 so it feels too soon to be navigating this. And we have zero family history so we just feel sucker punched and taken off guard. Navigating potentially changing holiday plans to accommodate for surgery, etc. :pensive:

5 Likes

Thank you! It was fun to pose over there! It’s like a ghost town over there. Lol.

3 Likes

Thanks. My mom is 75. The Lymphoma was a rare type, found in her lung but it wasn’t typical lung cancer. She has some post-treatment challenges but for her age and having the surgery to remove part of her lung, she’s doing remarkably well. It’s hard to see your parent in that situation and to be navigating and questioning why, how and everything that goes along with it. Supportive heart.

4 Likes

Got home and forgot to add our last day!!

Best way to end the trip. No G+. No ILL. Just a lot of eating and wandering in AK.

After we checked out, we grabbed our last breakfast at BW and headed to AK for a few hours.

We had Mr. Kamal’s for a snack. Holy Toledo (as my DD8 says) these things are amazing! Getting them every time now.

Y&Y for lunch. I love their coconut shrimp. So good.

Dino Bites for a yummy treat.

We wandered and took pictures and enjoyed the gorgeous day. Headed out around 2:30 and made our way to MCO. Sad to leave but excited to get home to family and turkey!

15 Likes