What a weird week to be in Disney World

That’s a lot of labor. I think you can also request custom tables as well if you want to get one commissioned. 'Course you will have to wait that full year for the table, but getting exactly what you want would be cool…

5 Likes

Yes. There were a handful of designs I think currently available and the artist is currently working on a Villians themed one. She showed me what’s done on it so far and it looks awesome.

5 Likes

Looks like a great time!

3 Likes

YEEEEAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!! for fun and chatty CM’s!!! Loving this report!

3 Likes

Was an AP at DLR for 6 years and I experienced a lot of down rides. One day, all headliners at DCA were down at the same time. I was there for my anniversary and decided to bail out.

2 Likes

I guess I’ve just been lucky then!

1 Like

Saturday was our third day in a row to rope drop and man, this was a rough one. Last RD day tho so that helped motivate me. Lol.

We left our room at 6:05. First bus to AK showed up at 6:14. We had it all to ourselves. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Taps opened the latest at any park so far. Not until 7:18 for a 7:30 EE. Headed for FOP. On and off both FOP and NRJ by 8:05. Yay, RD success!

Poked around a bit in Windtraders and tried the Pongo Lumpia for the first time. I liked it! Tasty!

14 Likes

Casually meandered over to KS to use our LL. Gorgeous morning.

After our safaris, I did SR for EE, we rode TriSpin and used another LL for Dinosaur.

I had planned to play around in the Boneyard but DS informed me he is too old for playgrounds. That’s fine. Totally….fine. :weary::sob:

Instead, we spent $6/ticket to play carnival games. Actually really fun! We were basically the only ones playing at this point in the day and walked away with a half full of prizes.

12 Likes

11 Likes

15 Likes

Looks like another lovely day!

3 Likes

We then headed over to RD Sacred Spaces. Swoon. Best spot.

16 Likes

Ok I might have to rope drop AK and play the dino games by myself so I can win an adorable triceratops.

11 Likes

After lunch, we grabbed Starbucks and wandered all the trails before catching the 1:30 FFF show. Love this thing.

10 Likes

11 Likes

It is really cute!! I really did enjoy it. We spent $36 to each play three games. Not cheap but at least we grabbed a few cute plushies!!

6 Likes

After FFF I begrudgingly agreed to go on KRR. DS loves it and had been begging me to go. It was not warm. Like, upper 60s. Thankfully I only got a little wet. Not bad.

When we got done, I grabbed my stuff out of the lockers and I had two missed call from my sister, a missed call from my DH and a text from my sis asking me to call her. I knew in my gut it wouldn’t be good news.

I watched the gibbons as I listened to my sister tell me that the tests they had run on my mom that morning confirmed cancer. Advanced enough to be outside the organ and present in the fluid cells they removed from her Thursday. Likely ovarian.

It was one of those calls you always know can come anytime, anywhere. Those calls that change everything. We just sat there and cried together and I told her how sorry I was that I wasn’t there. Sweet DS just stood near me while I talked and watched me cry. He is so tender, knew something was wrong and waiting patiently.

I got off the phone with the information that she would get discharged from the hospital that afternoon (good news!) and have a follow up within the next week with oncology for treatment plan discussion.

I calmed down a bit and walked with DS to get a Dole Whip. I had promised him one before our call. I explained to him that Mimi was sicker than we had originally thought and it’d take longer than planned for her to get better. I told him we’d tell him and his sisters more after DH and I had had a chance to discuss.

Once we had our Dole Whips, we sat down and I called DH to tell him. He had suspected it was bad and guessed right off it was cancer. I sat there and lost it with him. Asked him if he thought I should come home. After discussing we decided to just keep plans as they were. Nothing to do/decide until the follow up with oncology anyway.

After I got off the phone a sweet lady (older mama there with her daughter) asked me if I was ok. I told her I had just gotten on of THOSE phone calls, you know and she knowingly nodded telling me she had received one of those a few years ago. She squeezed my shoulder and gave me a Mickey key chain. It was a very tender gesture and helped me feel a little less alone in that moment. :heart:

32 Likes

Pro tip, the one where you just go fishing you always win a prize, every time. Do they have that one at AK (They do at DCA and at USF)

3 Likes

Just something in my eyes…that’s all. I’m so sorry.

7 Likes

:cry: I’m sorry about your mom. That’s so difficult to hear a loved one is sick. Hopefully the meeting with oncology goes well and she can start treatment asap. That was so sweet of DS and that lady to be so kind to you.

4 Likes