What a weird week to be in Disney World

Dude. It was not good. Dry and oddly the cookie itself wasn’t that sweet. I was disappointed.

4 Likes

Shhhhh let me live in my fantasy world in which every (any) Disney dessert tastes as good as it looks :rofl:

12 Likes

:laughing: oh, ok. It was Ah-maz-ing!!! :hushed:

10 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

I now have the WtP song stuck in my head.

1 Like

On to Friday! I slept like a rock and felt amazing running on more than the 3 hours of sleep I had Wednesday night. I had planned to wake up around 5:30 to shower but snoozed my alarm and got up at 6 instead. DS and I left the room just after 6:30 to walk to HS.

We made it over just after 7. They seem to like opening things right at 7 which is stressful when you’re trying to navigate Genie for the day. Walked thru security just after booking an 8:30 LL for MFSR and while watching MDE spin trying to load Rise times. By the time I got thru the earliest return was 1:40. I had plan to be leaving for a break by 1. Well, :poop:. I left DS in line to go chat with guest services to see if they’d help me move in. No dice.

Our plan was to RD Slinky. It was a bit chilly and I was concerned it would be down first thing. I was right to be concerned! We were first in line at taps. Tapped in at 7:42 and made it over to Slinky around 7:50 or so. EE started at 8. A few minutes later they made an announcement that Slinky would have a delayed opening. Wah-wah. DS was super bummed. All that early rising, walking with purpose for nothing!!

We bailed at 8:22 and headed over to use our LL for the Falcon. Tapped in at 8:25. We were gunners and killed it!

I grabbed a LL for TSM while we strolled, shopped, snacked and took pics in GE.

19 Likes

The next few hours were spent wandering around the park. We used our LL for TSM and got another for AS2 to use immediately after. We explored Walt Disney Presents and the Launch Bay. Took pics around Echo Lake and caught the day’s first Indy show which was especially fun because we hadn’t seen it since pre-Covid.

15 Likes

18 Likes

After the show we caught Vacation Shorts (DS had never seen it) and then checked in for lunch at the Brown Derby. DS is at the weird age where he’s over kids menu offerings for the most part but sometimes struggles to find something he’ll like on the adult menu. He has a pretty adventurous pallet but struggled to find something he wanted at HBD. He ended up ordering the seafood stew - mistake! It was wayyyy to fishy for him and he likes seafood. Poor kid. I shared my short rib with him which he loved but we walked away from lunch a bit unsatisfied. Nothing a few snacks can’t fix tho. :smirk:

After this I had wanted to go back for a break but DS was rearing to ride more rides. We used LLs for ST, MMRR, our ILL for Rise and another LL for Slinky before heading out of the park around 2:45. Overall a GREAT day in HS despite HUGE lines and a lot of rides experiencing significant down time.

16 Likes

We took the Skyliner back to IG and walked back to BWI. Shopped a bit at Screen Door and perused the art gallery. I reaaallllly want one of these GORGEOUS bronze tables. DH balked when I told him they cost $35k. I mean….come on! It’s only a lot of dollars! Who needs money!?!

19 Likes

We rested for a bit in our room. DS started walking a movie and I read on the balcony. We headed over to to Epcot around 5. We used a LL for Remy, rode Gran Fiesta and used an ILL for Guardians. Otherwise, we spent the evening strolling around WS and eating some festival food.

We watched Harmonius. First time I’ve managed to see it. It was good but I was surprised at the lack of use of the circular barge in the center. I had thought it was central to the show but I didn’t really think so after we watched it. :woman_shrugging:t2:

We made it back to the room around 9:45 and DS wanted to finish the movie he started earlier. I didn’t want to watch it so I took my book down to Belle Vue Lounge, grabbed a nightcap and read for about 30 minutes. While I was down here I got a somewhat cryptic update from my dad. My mom had been having a great day and they were hoping to discharge her Saturday. They had removed 12 POUNDS (!!!) of excess fluid and she was feeling ALOT better. Initially thoughts were that she had some liver damage but testing came back negative for that Friday night so they were now planning more tests Saturday. My sisters and I suspected they had been given more “it could be this” info but didn’t want to share with us until it was confirmed. Which of course makes us nervous and worried. I tried not to dwell on it too much before I knew and went to bed exhausted.

All in all, we had a fantastic day. :heart:

16 Likes

20 Likes

I don’t know if I’ve just been extremely lucky in the past decade but this last trip to DLR I felt like I had never seen the rides down so much, so frequently and for so long. I got stuck in Indy for 45 min. That’s never happened to me. Temporary short stops but never anything like that. And I was gonna ride GRR first and it broke omw, so I headed to RSR which broke when I was next in line for the car row line. Tried to ride it again at night it was broke, got in luigi line instead which broke when I was next in line for the ride after next. Meanwhile RSR came back on, I hopped in line and rode it within 20 min or so and it broke as I was walking down the exit ramp. Luigi said it was still broken but by the time I got out it was back up. I just never experienced anything like that before in that frequency. Something is up with maintenance. They’ve made cost cutting measures. I heard a woman while I was stuck on Indy who worked at WDW and she said they were literally holding things together with duct tape in WDW.

4 Likes

Solid reading choice!

3 Likes

:flushed:

2 Likes

Thank you! :man_mage:t3:

3 Likes

LOL, I would assume maybe things like decorative elements and robotics and not you know the actual track or vehicle? ha ha ha. She said they did a better job in DLR but after my trip, I don’t know if that’s true. I’m guessing it’s complicated, like not enough parts due to shortages, high consumer demand all the time and therefore not enough down time for refurbs and money too but it most definitely “felt” worse this trip. Might have just been luck.

*BTW I was eavesdropping this but as we sat there for a really long time, I did ask her what she did for WDW and started chatting with her about it. The guy with her used to work on the Indy ride and he was saying unlike other rides, each vehicle has to be manually started individually which means when the ride goes completely down it takes 45 minutes just to get the vehicles started back up. The woman from WDW thought that was crazy and the rides she knew of at WDW don’t operate like that. (Not sure about Dinosaur since it’s a clone). You learn interesting things by eavesdropping! :wink:

5 Likes

Those bronze tables are definitely amazing. Would love to have one, but $35K is kind of hard to justify…

6 Likes

I love convos with CMs! One of the reasons I love taking Minnie Vans around property. We had a driver the other day who met his wife while they were both working at KS! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I do wonder often how they even have time to properly maintain everything when they never have significant down time. Although I was marveling at small world last night and just how immaculate it looks. I know they must be constantly touching up paint throughout the resort but I never smell paint!

6 Likes

The art curator told me each one takes ONE YEAR to complete. That’s a ton of labor. Makes the cost make a little more sense.

6 Likes