West Coast vs East Coast Battle: Christmas, Part 1 (A Trip Report)

Thank you all. I’m still struggling a lot with words as my brain tries to make sense of a world without him but I appreciate all the thoughts very much.

5 Likes

I am so so sorry for your loss.
Wishing peace to you and your family.

3 Likes

Jenny, I am so sad to hear about your brother. Hugs to you and your mom and the rest of the family.

3 Likes

Oh Jenny my heart is aching for you. Sending love and a virtual hug your way :people_hugging:

3 Likes

:people_hugging: Sending my thoughts and prayers to you and your family :mending_heart:

3 Likes

I appreciate the care! I start to feel somewhat normal for about an hour or two yesterday cuz I did some charity which I highly recommend as therapy. It didn’t last but it was a temporary reprieve.

7 Likes

:people_hugging: :people_hugging:

3 Likes

Oh @gingerSnaps543222 I am so sorry for your loss. I just came across this as I was /am way behind on many threads. My hugs, thoughts and prayers are being sent to you and your family. :people_hugging::people_hugging:

3 Likes

I’m so very sorry for your loss. Thinking of you and your family and I know I can’t say anything to ease the pain, but I’m one of many here sending you and your family all the love.

2 Likes

So sorry for your loss Jenny. Sending thoughts of peace for you & your family. What beautiful photos & memories you shared with just the few pictures above. I immediately recognized the Mark Twain & Frontierland railing in your first set. May the memories behind these photos be a comfort to you & buoy you up.

4 Likes

David Fowler Obituary - Austin, TX (dignitymemorial.com)

6 Likes

That’s a beautiful obituary.

4 Likes

When I set out to do this comparison report never did I think I’d end up in the hospital let alone with my 38-year-old brother’s obituary. Sigh.

We did the Disney half marathon in Jan 2020 together; I don’t know where those photos are. But never will I forget when I ran the Madison Marathon (my only full) the way my brother who had finished WAY before me met me about a mile out and ran that last mile again with me with either his arm around me or his hand on my back pushing me up the last final hill to the capital, chanting “you got this” nor will I forget how he jumped the fencing at the finish (he didn’t want to run over the pads again to mess up his time so broke off right before that) and literally football style ran at me and tackled me in a huge hug literally lifting me off the ground he was so proud of me. I could have done it without him but it wouldn’t have been as fulfilling. That’s pretty much the way I feel about the rest of my life.

14 Likes

That is an awesome story. Praying for you to have peace during the holidays. And may there be many happy Disney memories ahead.

:heart::blue_heart:

5 Likes

There is a Disney Magic cruise Jan 6-13 I couldn’t get out of. My mom is gonna stay home with my dad but DD15, DF and me are gonna go since I booked VGT and can’t transfer. Maybe it’ll help.

9 Likes

That’s a great story. I think you will always feel his presence in your life. Peace and love to you this Christmas, Jenny!

5 Likes

To be continued…
“It must come sometimes to ‘jam today,’ Proving Alice Correct: West Coast vs East Coast Battle: Christmas, Part 2 (A Trip Report) - Walt Disney World / Trip Reports - TouringPlans Discussion Forums

5 Likes