We're baaaack! Another trip report to make @mousematt miserable

I asked - around noon on a Friday. It was 2.5 hours. That was a big nope for me. I was also hoping to join before lunch and then pick something up for the afternoon. But we weren’t planning to stay at DS that long.

2 Likes

That boy is so stinkin cute! LOVE HIM!

LAUNDRY!!! LOL. Love it. No really. On vacation, I actually do. I realize there’s something wrong with me. I think because it is often related to solo morning resort time for me.

5 Likes

It’s especially awful that it’s that way at Poly. In the other resorts with 1BR and up you get a full washer/dryer in unit. So they wouldn’t need as many machines. But Poly has so few units (ahem bungalows) that have that option that they really ought to have more.

2 Likes

There are w/d units in all DVC rooms except studios, so 1-3 bedroom villas have their own in the room. I don’t know how many of that 300 are studios but I’m sure the ratio is still poor.

At Poly they are all studios.

2 Likes

oh… I did not know :wink: then 3-4 washers really is unacceptable!

Today we went over to Riviera for Topolinos. Riviera is a beautiful resort, but I’m not sure I’d buy there if I was considering DVC. It’s pretty, but it doesn’t wow me. I did get the obligatory picture of the Rapunzel mural.

Food at Topolinos was really good! I had the poached egg with the sausage potato hash and I got the quiche as a side. DS had the waffle dippers, and DH had the sour cream waffle with apples and chantilly cream. Everyone liked their food. DH said the pastries were just “ok.” I only had the croissant, which was really good.

The “distanced character interaction” is really hard to get good pictures of if you’re sitting in the booths, which we were. But DS was so happy. I think that’s been the missing piece for him the last two trips. It made his day.

Then we headed out to the skyliner and off to Epcot. DS liked the skyliner. We arrived a little after 10. They let us in at the international gateway and we managed to knock out Frozen, 3 caballeros and nemo before open. It’s brutal in Epcot today, heat wise. We stopped into Mitsukoshi and bought some souvenirs for the other kids not with us. DH was upset that the soccer shop in Germany wasn’t open. He’s a big soccer fan, especially for german team Borussia Dortmund. DS was staying to get fussy with the heat, so we divided to take a break and come back to the room for a bit. We have dinner ADRs at Via Napoli later. Hopefully the heat will be less oppressive. We are still learning and adjusting to touring with DS. And, we’re older too and our ability to run run run is changing.

19 Likes

There’s a relaxation station in Norway across from kringela bakery. It’s indoors, dim and cool.

2 Likes

I hear you…

3 Likes

Things that make you go hmmmmm. Driver told guest to leave this in the handicapped area for the ride back from Epcot. In the dark. Completely unsecured.
:face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

1 Like

Yikes.

1 Like

Oh for pete’s sake! What is going on?! I would send that exact picture to someone in charge of guest relations or buses. That could have ended badly. I’m really sorry.

2 Likes

Your kiddo is adorable by the way and looks like a great day! The picture with Dad is priceless!!!

1 Like

Well that sounds like a great idea, can’t think of anything that could go wrong…

1 Like

I got literally nowhere with guest relations when I said something about the gypsy buses not being accessible, so this time I just tweeted the photo with a description to wdws main twitter account and their guest relations twitter. I don’t like to be seen as a complainer, but that was totally unacceptable to me.
DH said last night that this trip the ONLY un magical thing has been the transportation… Long waits for buses at times, the not accessible buses. Many of the drivers have been downright rude. I think that Disney is trying to squeeze as much out of them as possible without having to bring more drivers back. And they are feeling it. Many of them seem annoyed at having to deal with the wheelchair. One asked us to carry the chair off the bus bc they didn’t know how to activate the ramp!
Like, really?

It’s been the only not magical thing this trip. Almost all the other CMs have been lovely.
Anyway, back to trip reporting.

10 Likes

It’s okay to go full mama bear sometimes. It’s not like they forgot to bring your extra ranch dressing; this is a clear safety issue. Good for you for going the SM route. Let us know if they respond. :blue_heart:

3 Likes

So anyway…
We got back to Epcot around 4. I popped a temp at the screening, got sent to the tent. After a few minutes, I was cleared.

Crowds were much more manageable in the afternoon. I guess everyone hopped out.
Dinner at Via Napoli was good. We had the caprese appetizer and the mezzo metro. We knew we wouldn’t finish it, but since we have the fridge and microwave, we figured the leftovers would get used.

Then we went on to Nemo, LWTL, Frozen again, the butterfly tent, and we were going to try for soarin, but it was close to 9 by then, and DS was asking to go back to the room. We got some popcorn from caramel kuche and left. Which is when the bus nonsense happened.

DS crashed immediately, we stayed up a little longer. Decided to not rope drop HS in the morning. DS needs it. Well get a late start, but hopefully DAS will make most of the rides possible.
Also, much cooler today, thank jeebus.

10 Likes

Also, good morning.

14 Likes

Much better this time. I figure I’d try for it since they almost never turn away late comers.

17 Likes

On the bus to HS and our BG just got called. Linda like Rise is having a decent day so far. Whee!
Hoping to knock out a bunch of stuff and then return to the room for a break. It worked well yesterday, so trying to see if it’s a good strategy going forward.

12 Likes