We're baaaack! Another trip report to make @mousematt miserable

I don’t mind the value resorts at all, but I do agree with everything you said about ASMusic. It is by far the worst laid out resort and I would not stay there again.

1 Like

Yeah, I don’t think it’s fair for me to judge them all based on ASMusic and I really did enjoy AoA. The food and pool court were not as packed. The pool (well it was Jan) but the food court could have been packed because it was NYE and it wasn’t bad. And the food was better. I also enjoy the layout of that resort more. I’m betting Pop Century is more inline with AoA in that it has the Lake and trail and that would make me like it more so I’d give it a try but based on ASMusic I would really hesitate to try Sports or Movies unless the deal was amazing and it was just me and one other person or we got two rooms.

1 Like

Had a mini Liner meet with @vcka.
:heart:

22 Likes

Pics??

1 Like

Awesome!

1 Like

No we were talking and forgot to get pics, and then she had to go. Oh well, still great fun!

We decided to ask to see if there was a room ready at 3 PM. It assigned room wasn’t ready, but DS really want to for waiting more. We requested 3rd floor Tokelau, but a 3rd floor room in Moorea was available, so we took it instead. Parking lot view, but it’s fine. Honestly, I’d rather that than a pool view, bc of the night noise.

Room is in good shape considering a soft goods refurb is on the horizon. Nothing looks overly worn or used. Happy with it.
DS just said “This is the best hotel ever!”
Not sure if that’s bc he’s just happy to have a room or what. :rofl:

17 Likes

Will he sleep in the pull down bed?

1 Like

Probably. He likes Lilo and Stitch, so it shouldn’t be a problem.

4 Likes

I really love those rooms with the separate showers (I mean from the pics as I haven’t been lucky enough to score one just yet)

3 Likes

At the poly? Those are only in the DVC rooms.

1 Like

Yup, only in the DVC rooms…I rent points so it’s on my list for a future stay but they were gone this last trip or I think I would have done a split stay for my MK days

3 Likes

The room was really nice. And honestly, I love nothing more than AKL and WL. But the Poly DVC rooms beat them

2 Likes

It was SO fun to meet w/ @ninjasherrie her DH and adorable DS! I’m soo bad at remembering to take pics @missoverexcited. DD was listening to a work meeting while we visited in the Poly lobby.

9 Likes

Went to dinner at Trex. DS loves it, we tolerate it, lol. We got to sit in the ice cave, which is a first for DS, so he was happy.

Walked around for a bit, bought some stuff at Uniqlo and cupcakes at Sprinkles. I don’t care how good they are, I’m not waiting in a 3 hour line for cookies at Gideon’s. Nope. It was busy but not as bad as on the weekends.

Now we’re back in the room and it’s the REAL highlight of the trip.

Tomorrow is Topolinos and then Epcot.

16 Likes

Also, 300+ DVC units and 4 washers? Really? If I was an owner here, I’d be pissed.

3 Likes

Saw the same situation at YC and was lucky someone was taking theirs out when I needed to do it. And then hope you get lucky that an available one actually works. Had to stay up an extra hour because a load didn’t dry like at all. Definitely a WDW-wide problem that could be addressed for how much we pay to stay at these resorts, especially with fewer perks right now.

1 Like

Yeah, but DVC has free laundry bc their ownership pays for the machines. So not being able to get a washer when you’re an owner here stings a little more.

3 Likes

True. Forgot about that extra factor. Unacceptable.

Did you actually ask to join the virtual queue and they said it was three hours? And what time did you do that? We’re headed to DS for one dinner and I was hoping to join the virtual line beforehand with the possibility of gaining entry shortly after dinner. But if the line is that long on a weekday night maybe I have to change my plans…

1 Like

I didn’t even look bc I’m just not waiting for cookies. There was a long physical line, though.

2 Likes