We need to talk about shoes. Again

I tend to overthink things as well, but I think I am a rank amateur compared to @profmatt. As far as shoes go, I wore three pairs while at WDW the first week of June… sneakers, Tevas and sperry topsiders.

I wore either the sneakers or Tevas during the day at the parks… damn the rain I always said. I would usually change shoes upon our return from the parks (usually around noon to 2:00) . SPerry’s were for dinner only.

Mostly my sneakers didn’t get wet… but if they did, they dried. My feet survived. I moved on.

Although I am a believer in changing shoes during the day and I think that helps*

*No actual evidence that this helps.

3 Likes

Agree just do it! They are light weight and do not take up too much room and then you will have them if you want them. You can leave them in your room and not carry them all around the parks if you end up not needing them.

1 Like

Keens, ugly but comfortable. I love crocs, but not for lots of walking.

2 Likes

The UltraBoost may get wet when exposed to heavy rain (I think they’d survive a puddle) but because they’re cloth they’ll dry quickly, too. E.g. under a dryer in a bathroom. Plus I’m going to take flannel to squeeze the water into.

What could be simpler than that?

1 Like

Wearing sandals.

6 Likes

Sandals say to the world, “I have given up on my life. I am here at Disney simply awaiting the sweet release of death. Which fate I frankly deserve.”

4 Likes

Don’t hold back, tell us how you really feel :joy::joy::joy:

4 Likes

Sandals say, “I hate myself. This is why I have put myself through this horror. But I hate you, too. And this is why I’m exposing you to the repulsive sight of my besandaled feet. May God have mercy on my soul. Which I doubt, because even he has a line.”

5 Likes

I have one pair of shoes that I wear constantly; my Skecher sandals. No other shoes needed. I will deign to put on my very expensive custom orthotics during the winter when the temperature drops to about 40 F.

3 Likes

Just paint your nails with some cool Disney-themed stuff.

3 Likes

Truth be told, I love shoes. I don’t have more pairs than my wife, but I have a respectable collection. So, at home, I have lots of shoe options. But when I go on vacation, I try to minimize it. But I can’t frankly think of a time where I didn’t have at least 3 options. Usually I have 4… but for WDW where I pretty much knew exactly what I would be doing all day, every day, 3 was fine. Like I said before, I like changing at least once during the day. I feel like my feet do better.

1 Like

Now I KNOW you’ve gone insane. I’ve never heard my sandals (nor anyone else’s) say anything before.

6 Likes

Thank you, I was unsure earlier but now I’m fairly confident of your position on sandals.

6 Likes

yes, I guess I would be but that has to happen first!

2 Likes

I don’t know I may need some more convincing!

3 Likes

I wear Keens at the parks and they are great. I can’t imagine wearing shows that require socks at WDW. So hot, bad tan lines on legs, and it rains so much. I alternate my Keens with Vionic flip flops and are set. I am just baffled by tennis shoes and socks at Disney!

2 Likes

Interesting. I wear nothing but sandals, flip flops, or Keens in the summer (except at work, I am a nurse so wear Klogs). How do you stand wearing socks in warm, wet climates? Just curious, I am baffled by your hate of sandals since most of America wears them.

1 Like

Me too! I switch during our mid day break if we have one.

1 Like

BTW - I like your suede shoes. They’ll be great for V & A’s.

Take what’s most comfortable. Don’t forget your feet might swell a little in Florida. First, you have the flight over, but then you have the moist Fl air. And don’t forget the salt in the food you’ll be eating out. So make sure there’s room in your shoes for a little flexibility. Definitely throw the crocs in for an option (and extra socks). Also, a ziplock bag or two for wet socks while you tour.

2 Likes

I don’t remember it being a problem. I just wore those very short sneaker-socks.

1 Like