We need to talk about shoes. Again

It’s probably just one of my OCD issues. :wink:

1 Like

That style Croc is extremely comfortable all day for me, too, even at Disney, and I’m very near the age profmatt says he will be happy to check out!

2 Likes

Sandals say “I care about comfort.” Also, much sexier than limping with blisters, so there’s that. Lol

4 Likes

I buy sandals at the Walking Company with support.

1 Like

I think sexier is pushing it tbh.

1 Like

I purchased a pair of shoe covers from Amazon that were mentioned in chat. So that in the downpours of rain that will likely come in July (my trip is in 15 days), I’ll be able to slip them on my favorite non-waterproof shoes. I plan to test them out in the next thunderstorm, probably today or tomorrow. They seem compact enough to fit in my park bag with no issues.

1 Like

I had a trip where my shoes got so wet and uncomfortable, I bought a pair of Mickey Crocks flip flops. So, I say go with the minimum of what you think you need. Disney will be happy to provide you with some overpriced, but dry, shoes if you need them.

2 Likes

That’s exactly what happened to my DD a few weeks ago. After that she wore her plastic Birks to the parks.

1 Like

do you know what the brand was? This sounds like it might be the best plan for me. I have no need of any kind of waterproof sandal or shoe in real life and don’t want to spend the money just for my Sept trip

Let me see if this link works:

These are the ones I bought. I ordered one size up to fit over my athletic shoes.

2 Likes

Me too. I got a pair of Abeo sandals this year that I love.

This is my go to. Originally bought them for hiking. Pretty light. Quick lace system for slipping on and off. Waterproof using Gore-Tex so they still breathe.

Salomon X Ultra GTX

1 Like

Whoa. I wore the same pair of low top Converse all 3 days at DW last week. It poured one day, so they were wet most of the day. Did need a bandaid on one heel.

I say wear a shoe that has several months left in it. A day at Disney is like a month to shoes.

2 Likes