We need to talk about shoes. Again

What about the “step in a puddle an inch deep” test?

3 Likes

Use the coarse grind not the fine! I put about 5 Tablespoons in the bag.

1 Like

They might pass that, actually. The souls are pretty thick.

They’re just so comfortable I’m going to take them. And risk it. If it comes to it, I’ll switch to wearing the suede ones the whole time.

1 Like

I used to go around barefoot quite a lot as a teenager. God knows why.

1 Like

will do!

1 Like

I hope that they work!

I go barefoot as much as I can still.

I rarely have on shoes when i am at home.

1 Like

Me, too!

I just don’t want to walk around with a big bag of spare shoes like I did last year.

2 Likes

If you change your mind…

3 Likes

Dd and I were caught in a 3pm monsoon in WS one year. The water came down so fast that it had nowhere to go and was running pretty deep…like halfway up our calves deep.

Since we were both wearing our Crocs, we happily kept going w/ our disposable ponchos! :smile:

If we had been wearing sneakers, I doubt they would have dried out before we even left for home!

3 Likes

I need this bag!!!

An old man shouted at me last week “get some shoes on” when I was outside putting some stuff in the recycling!

3 Likes

Really…that is funny!

Sounds like my dad!

1 Like

My mom, siblings, and I all used to go barefoot as much as possible growing up. It drove my dad insane and he used to yell at us to put some shoes on…but then we would just look at mom and he would roll his eyes and give up. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

My mum used to tell me I’d be sorry when I stood on glass, but I never did.

2 Likes

I was able to go barefoot when I was a kid. My kids still can, on sharp rocks, too. Not me, not anymore. I have really bad callouses which won’t go fully away.

2 Likes

@profmatt you are putting way too much thought into the shoes. Pack the crocs. You’ll need them while you are at SAB instead of TSL anyway :joy:

3 Likes

Haven’t we been through this before? This is what I do. This is who I am. I overthink everything.

Like people’s usernames, for example.

6 Likes

LOL

I’m in a similar position. I have no comfortable shoes in my closet to wear to WDW this year. And, I hate shoe shopping. It’s absolute misery for me. If barefoot was an option, I would choose it too. I don’t think Disney would agree with that choice of footwear (or lack of!)

When does your trip start? Soon, like a few days from now, right? Pack the crocs - just do it!

3 Likes

I leave home on Sunday. Arrive WDW on Monday early evening.

2 Likes