We Don’t Talk About Rope Drop, No, No. A UOR and Disney Spring Break Trip Report

Or quite funny.

:joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

6 Likes

I thought it was weird but the kids were excited to see him.

2 Likes

He’s definitely a rare character! I would be thrilled to meet him.

4 Likes

He is a rare character. We’d never seen him before.

4 Likes

Some thoughts about Moonlight Magic at Epcot.
It was definitely more crowded than one I had attended pre-Covid. I don’t think it was worth changing our plans for. It might have been okay if the event had occurred in the middle of our trip though.

The event ran from 10 pm to 1 am. You could check in at 6 pm without having a park ticket and reservation. This didn’t really matter to us since Robert and I have APs. But for someone without an AP that is big plus.

At check in we were given wrist bands and each person was given 3 snack vouchers. One voucher per person could be used for a special DVC popcorn bucket or a snack. The other two were just for snacks. When we checked in they said the vouchers could be used anywhere we saw the DDP logo including food booths. It turns out that wasn’t the case. The vouchers weren’t good at any of the food booths in the countries. We found at some point in the evening that we had to look for the DDP logo and CMs wearing green shirts (how crazy complicated). We did use a few of our vouchers for food booths that accepted them (the Citrus Blossom and Farmers Feast both did).

We were wondering what to do after watching Harmonious and before the event began at 10 pm. Luckily we were able to ride TT. I don’t know if other rides were running during the 9-10 pm window.

Lizzy decided she wanted a popcorn bucket. So did everybody else at the event. There were only 3 locations that were distributing buckets. The lines were insane. Lizzy insisted that she must have a bucket (which wasn’t even that cute–quite ordinary in fact). So Robert and I wandered around, saw characters and found coffee. We had hoped to get some ice cream but the only location giving out ice cream was also the same as one of the popcorn bucket lines. Such poor planning. Disney was not prepared for this event at all. There were so many mad people.

We did join Lizzy back in line and at that point decided we all needed the popcorn buckets because of the ridiculous wait. We did get buckets eventually. We had then planned on using some of our vouchers for some bakery treats in Norway (the only other food location that was open), but the line was soooo long. It’s so crazy that we walked onto FEA, but the line for the bakery was probably an hour long. We did also ride Remy before the event ended.

The highlight was seeing the characters. Many were characters we had never seen.
They were also playing some get music during the event. It was pretty fun to be walking around listening to “We Don’t Talk About Bruno.”

Most of the rides were open (but not Mission Space or Nemo). I thought it would be nice to stroll around the WS without crowds but it was only open to Norway on the left and France on the right. That was disappointing.

I hope that Disney realizes the mistakes they made with food and lines and that they fix it in the future. It really created a lot of negativity at the event. No one seemed happy.

15 Likes

On the plus side I actually got our two ride photos. Unusual since I didn’t most ride photos from the trip. :joy:

10 Likes

The family in the front of the ride in Frozen is full of mixed feelings :joy:

14 Likes

:joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

Pics of the infamous popcorn bucket, please!

3 Likes

Seriously boring.

16 Likes

SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP IT’S MAGIC IT’S RIGHT THERE IN THE NAME. IT’S MAGIC BECAUSE MAGIC.

13 Likes

Fine. I’ll shut up and eat my $30,000 popcorn.

18 Likes

Yeah, I wouldn’t have stood in line for more than 10 minutes for that.

4 Likes

Exactly. Lizzy was fixated on it though. I think it was really just to make a point.

3 Likes

I truly meant to respond to you sooner. All the food we had at Epcot was from the F&G food booths.

3 Likes

That’s the spirit! Each kernel is [redacted] MAGIC!

8 Likes

If that’s the case, we had a crap ton of magic.

6 Likes

Isn’t that Kenny the pirate in front of you on FEA?

4 Likes