We Don’t Talk About Rope Drop, No, No. A UOR and Disney Spring Break Trip Report

The dog did not do anything. Well, that’s not entirely true. He does crazy crap every day. But this trip was initially just a mom and son spring break trip. How lucky am I that my 15 year old still wants to spend spring break with his mom?!?

The original plan was to spend three days at Universal and four days at Disney. We would arrive home next Thursday evening so that DS could have three days at home to relax (his request) before school started back. The Universal portion has now been shortened to two day because of the crazy UOR hotels prices and lack of any discounts. So it’s just one night at HRH and then onto Disney. Our original DVC booking was at OKW but then my continued stalking of the DVC site landed us a Riviera reservation. Yay!!I love that place (I know many do not). We are also now leaving next Friday (it’s pure insanity and you will see why when I reveal that plan).

The mother and son trip has now been crashed by one of my adult DDs. She is currently working her first nursing job in a neuro ICU where they are severely understaffed. To say she is unhappy would be an understatement. Working in healthcare during this pandemic sucks. She desperately needed a vacation and decided to join us. She loves Disney which is great but she works night shift and does not function during the day. She is the reason that we will not utter the words rope drop on this trip.

So the fun begins. And soon. So soon that I have to be awake in four hours so we can catch our crazy early flight. Yes, I should be sleeping but I usually can’t the night before a trip. Plus we’re actually at my DDs apartment since it’s 40 minutes closer to the airport than our house and her guest room (actually it’s her dog’s room) doesn’t have the most comfortable bed. It could be worse, DS is on the couch.

Time it try to sleep.

I promise to ramble less.

53 Likes

Have a great time! I hope the no-rope drop thing goes well at WDW (it would be so easy at UOR thanks to express, we usually sleep in there). Now go to sleep! :smile:

10 Likes

Looking forward to following along! Poor DD. I remember the great celebration of her becoming a nurse at Riviera a few trips ago. I really hate the work has not been as she had hoped. It’s such a noble profession in such a crap world right now. I hope she enjoys the time off.

12 Likes

I hope it goes well too. Maybe if it does it might inspire certain other people on upcoming trips. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

10 Likes

You have such a great memory!! We did find out she passed the nursing boards just before our dinner at Topolino’s.
She just needs to stick with her current job a couple of more months and then I think she can get hired somewhere else. :crossed_fingers:

16 Likes

Lizzy and the crazy dog now have the same hair color!

I can’t compete with @Jeff_AZ when it comes to cute little kid photos so I thought some dog photos might help.

43 Likes

Dog photos are always a plus!!

4 Likes

I don’t blame her one bit!!!

Yes, and the matching hair/fur makes it even better.

5 Likes

Your kids and your dog are wonderful! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

9 Likes

Safe travels @Dreamer :flight_departure:
Have a fab trip.

4 Likes

Have a great time!

4 Likes

Great!!
Here’s another one. :joy:

29 Likes

I don’t blame her either but it does change the dynamics of the trip. I must admit that Robert is rather happy too about not rope dropping.

12 Likes

Thanks!!

1 Like

Thank you. I’m still half asleep and struggled to figure out that emoji. :woman_facepalming:

2 Likes

Thanks!! Going over spring break is pretty crazy.

2 Likes

You’ll be fine!

2 Likes

We will!!

2 Likes

@bebe80 I decided to just combine the trip reports. I’m barely organized enough to do one let alone two. :joy:

12 Likes

Have an amazing trip!

1 Like