We are on our way! Trip report!

The lanai at OKW is such a delightful, relaxing space. Enjoy!

I love the quietness of this resort. We never have paid for preferred rooms in the past at other resorts because we don’t like to be near the hustle and bustle. It’s soo peaceful here!
And it reminds me a lot of Caribbean Beach Resort , which is one of our favorites.
I’m going to be sad to leave and transfer to AoA tomorrow but that resort has its perks as well- we love the Cars area Suites and ohhh that Skyliner!

4 Likes

It’s a definite escape from the parks. It’s slow and easy and yes, very quiet. It’s a good resort at which to have your own car. The bus isn’t bad though if you have to rely on it. Even better when the ferries are running and you can sail over to DS!

3 Likes

Good morning all!
It’s our last morning at OKW, we’re heading to AOA today. Just finishing up some laundry and then grabbing an Uber to transfer over.
I will miss this place for sure but also looking forward to having my own room while DD7 sleeps. Although I totally crashed at about 10 PM last night!!

Plans for today- headed to Epcot. Dinner at San Angel (never been!)
I really want a full park day so I might have to ditch DH and DD if she starts complaining about the heat. Seriously- all she wants to do is swim. Lol.
Also I want to do the “selfie” challenge for DVC owners and get my prize, oh and maybe the Remi scavenger hunt too!

But for now, enjoying my last few moments

14 Likes

Uber was easy except the guy didn’t wear a face mask :roll_eyes:
But we did and I noted it in his review (I hate doing stuff like that, but if he is going against company policy they should know)

We went to drop our luggage off and bell service said to check and see if a room is ready because the resort is not busy this week. Our lovely hotel check in person got us an upper floor room in the wheel well motel building (#2). Although it’s the furthest away, I really wanted 4th floor and that’s was the only building with a room ready on the 4th floor, so it works for me!)

DD7 is elated to be back in her favorite resort and I’m happy we didn’t have to lug bags after a long day at the park.
Off to grab a snack and t
Head to EPCOT!

12 Likes

Apparently the hidden Mickey book my Aunt got my DD is working-
She went right to the register at the gift shop and asked the cast member to shine a light where the hidden Mickey was …,
The cast member was so impressed she pixie dusted her with a pin :heart_eyes:

This is the third pixie dust since we’ve come !

Feeing blessed

13 Likes

Which one was she looking for???

It’s above the cash register hidden in between the wall decorations!! It’s a true Mickey- a doll!

4 Likes

Which shop?

The Ink and Paint shop at AOA :slight_smile:

1 Like

Awesome!

Soarin x 2 because they’re no wait!

9 Likes

Some people like to eat around the world, I like to cupcake around the world.
Sunshine seasons, basic vanilla with chocolate buttercream. Delicious.

Now that soarin and lunch is outta the way, we’re going to make our way around Epcot and do the Remy scavenger hunt!

12 Likes

Phew! Long day at Epcot and it was HOT. Surprisingly there hasn’t been a drop of rain since we’ve been here.
Finished the Remi hunt, DD7 chose the Belle cup (I might have to go get the Remi one myself though … haha)

Got stuck on The Seas with Nemo for about 20 minutes, but didn’t need a backstage rescue,

Living with the Land was down most of the day so we didn’t get to ride that.

Went to spaceship earth and also got some fun pics at the entrance

And saw some characters

Ate dinner at San Angel (delicious, even DD7 ate the chips and salsa - this kid would never touch that ever )

Rode test track with only a 30 minute wait, but ended up skipping FEA this time around

Then saw Impression de France for the first time. It was beautiful but the motion gave me a headache!

Grabbed some pastries from Les Halles and then headed back to the resort for a swim.

I really want to dive in to all of this but I’m also so full!!

All around our longest park day so far. I walked 9 miles and my feet for sure feel it.

Tomorrow I think we are going to take it easy and hit HS a little later in the day. Since we already did ROTR I won’t try for a boarding group at 7 am.
Goals: TOT, Frozen sing along, MFSR and Star tours.
Dinner is at Trattoria al Forno (a first for us).
I can’t believe my trip is half done!! No fair !!

14 Likes

This is so much fun!!! Your daughter is so cute with the tilted head! (I do the same, and my grandmother did the same thing, and it’s so great to see other people with the I’m-so-happy-my-head-is-tilting-because-that’s-how-big-my-smile-is smile!!! :smiley:

2 Likes

The face you make when you rope drop Tower of Terror and it doesn’t open :

13 Likes

Since TOT was closed (and still is!!) we went to MFSR with a 20 min wait. DD was a gunner and we were engineers. I miss the days when we got our own ride! But our pilots were pretty good.

After we mobile ordered some lunch box tarts. The Halloween one was Meh compared to raspberry.

Next we did Star Tours (DD and DH is riding again currently but after eating I can only do a 3D once lol)

Planning on catching the 11:30 Frozen sing along when they get off

9 Likes

Little details you don’t notice with full parks

13 Likes

oh wow, I’ve never noticed those, thanks for posting!

1 Like

Frozen sing along was great as always!

Tower of Terror finally opened! We headed over there- post wait 70 mins, probably waited 50

Then we walked onto Lightening Mcqueens racing academy while DH rides RnR.

Headed back for lunch and a swim!

12 Likes