WDW Just Canceled My Park Passes!

Well I have a Prime membership anyway so that ones worth it. May I recommend AppleTV+? Not a huge catalogue but everything they make is good. I think it’s $5 a month or $50 for the year. And you don’t need an Apple device to watch although its easier. A Loy of people font subscribe bc they think you need an Apple device.

1 Like

We shut off Netflix a year ago since we felt like we weren’t using it. Caught up on other services and then turned it back on a few months back. Disney, Netflix, Apple + are the easiest to us to do the on and off. Just east to not deal with it tho or remember!

2 Likes

Yeah, so do we. (Although…with the recent changes, we’re kind of annoyed…Prime delivery is now 5 days instead of 2…and much of the time lately we receive emails saying our shipment is delayed, and it ends up taking several days longer than originally promised…so the Prime membership is gradually losing its appeal.)

You may. :slight_smile: Although, we actually had a free 6 month trial of AppleTV+ that came with my wife’s iPhone. We used it to watch “Defending Jacob” (which was excellent, by the way) and that’s it. I don’t think we watched anything else on it before the trial expired.

We did recently pay for YouTube Premium, because our family is watching more and more content on YouTube it seems, and wanted to do away with having to watch ads.

I still have around 2 years or so left on my 3 year subscription. We had a free year with our Verizon wireless and now get D+ for free with DH’s unlimited plan, so that would have stopped the count again. So we count as a subscriber, but they aren’t getting any money out of us, at least not directly, for a long time.

I haven’t had Netflix in forever. I will turn it on for the Crown, binge watch and turn it off after a month.

Hulu also comes free with my DH’s unlimited plan.

We have Amazon Prime. They have had some good movies on lately. Just watched Lost City.

OP that is crazy and glad you are sorting things out.

3 Likes

It’s getting harder for us to rationalize Netflix’s constant price increases, but our boys would riot if we cancelled. It’s probably worth the price just to keep them off YouTube…

7 Likes

HBO makes my favorite shows overall but Apple would be my 2nd choice. I highly recommend For All Mankind, The Morning Show, was Ted Lasso on there too? I think so and that’s a fantastic show. Oh yeah Severance was great too. Some others I enjoy included Surface I think it was called and the one about the lochness monster with Claire Danes and Loki

3 Likes

Watch all the shows that start with S on Apple, all are great!

1 Like

And The Crown and Heartstopper.

We also have Prime and rarely turn it on. Same with Paramount+. HBOMax gets used occasionally.

2 Likes

Oh, right. The Crown. We are awaiting season 5.

3 Likes

Yes, Ted Lasso on Apple+. Such a good show!

3 Likes

I noticed this happening, lately, but must’ve missed the announcement or something. That’s fine - we’ll just go back to buying things in real stores.

6 Likes

Us too, but we started watching Rings of Power the other day and it is really good. (I’m not really into LotR generally, though I’ve seen all the films a couple of times now, so I wasn’t instantly sold by the mere concept.)

But yeah, I don’t get Prime for the entertainment. Most of what’s on there is leftovers.

3 Likes

Ours is still 2 (for pretty much all in-stock Amazon direct purchases). When it’s not “same day”. :sweat_smile::woman_shrugging:

Yep, we get offered “same day” surprisingly often. But I try to use “Amazon Day” when possible to reduce fuel usage.

But we live less than 15 min from a distribution hub, so… :tada:

4 Likes

We actually live less than that distance from a distribution center. But it isn’t that they dropped 2 day, it is that to get 2 day, they now require $35 order for most things, otherwise it is 5 days.

Interestingly, this was changed just in the past few weeks for us…but we know others that they changed happened in their area months ago…so I think they are rolling out the changes gradually.

2 Likes

From trusted brands and most likely similar prices.

I do the same with amazon day selection for things like dog diapers, dog wipes, etc. That I buy in large stock. But sometimes I need something now and unless it’s just changed most things I can get same day or next day. I need conditioner actually out as of today so I just went and look at this:

I can still get it first thing tomorrow morning.

4 Likes

Yep, I’m still getting pretty great times. Even for most low cost items. This I can wait until next Tuesday though…

2 Likes

I’ll be interested to see what happens. I feel very spoiled. :innocent: I’ve seen some of the sort of thing you’ve described, but only for non-Amazon sellers that use Amazon as a storefront. :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

Yes, that’s normal. (It is also normal to get free two day shipping on many non Prime items). This is a very recent change. As recently as a month ago we were getting free same day and next day delivery on some items. And now…we aren’t.

Best TV series in years. The season finale is one of my all-time favorite TV episodes.

2 Likes