WDW Just Canceled My Park Passes!

Yeah, but boo! Take that crap off your website. Not a good look that people are signing up for D+ only to be told - oops.

5 Likes

Oh, and IT guy warned me this would happen. I asked to modify our first night to room only because the discount is valid the day after we arrive. That modification triggered another cancellation of tickets and park passes. A modification that did not need to be made because … discount no longer available. :roll_eyes:
IT guy said tickets and park reservations should show back up within 48 hours.

5 Likes

What a nightmare! I hope it’s all resolved soon.

3 Likes

We were maybe 2 hours from arriving at Saratoga Springs in December 2020 when I realized one of our two reservations for one bedrooms in the Paddock area was gone*. Poof!

We were a group of 4, with two 1 br villas.

I was a shocked to see only one reservation but felt like it’s all good - it’s Disney. When I called, the CM said she could see a ghost of the reservation. Couldn’t restore the reservation but got us another 1 br villa. In Grandstand.

We waited til we arrived to see what could be done about getting our two 1 brs together. Somehow we wound up with a 2 bedroom in the Springs area.

Hoping your reservations do indeed magically reappear!

*I know we had only Paddock requests but the one that didn’t disappear was really in the Paddock area, at check in

4 Likes

This happened to me last Saturday morning. Memory maker was added to my account and that basically disconnected the other four members of my party from the reservation. I had to go in an relink those friends and family members and then reselect their parks. Crossing my fingers nothing like this happens closer to my trip dates in December!

3 Likes

Yikes! :grimacing:
The offer is still listed on their site, which I feel is misleading. Particularly since it’s a “do this” and we will give you “that” type of offer. They are gaining new subscribers who then have to call for an offer that is no longer available. As the kids say nowadays - it’s sketch.

7 Likes

Wow this is terrible, I’m sorry. Hope everything gets sorted out.

1 Like

You have to be able to modify without it canceling your park reservations. I can see the one day that was no longer part of the package, but not the package itself! :woman_facepalming:

Nothing about that is acceptable.

4 Likes

This is the stuff of nightmares. I’m glad that everything is (seems) to be working out for you to fix things!

2 Likes

I’ve read multiple reports in Chat about this happening. They were reading Facebook posts about it.

Completely unacceptable but at least you got an email. Can you imagine if no email and you realized way later?

Just checked in mine to be sure.

6 Likes

I have the same situation and I booked a leading reservation, got all my ADRs and then cancelled the leading reservation. All of my Park passes are still in tact.

2 Likes

This is really what this was all about. Way to boost aubscribers and $$ before fiscal year end. It’s gross.

3 Likes

I didn’t actually even really think about this aspect. I’m already a Disney+ subscriber as their pretty much primary demographic. But it does seem very bait and switch for them to basically say that you need to sign up for this service to even see if there is a prayer of a discount available for you!

5 Likes

Yup. At least they were offering the $1.99 trial, but still… how much money did that bring into them?

2 Likes

Ya I don’t think it’s money just the ability to say “we keep adding subscribers.” I know they are in for it pretty soon when the 3 year deals start expiring!!

5 Likes

My wife and I were just talking about cancelling our subscription. We barely watch it any longer now that I made it through most of the MCU movies. I might stick around if they had more documentaries with the caliber of The Imagineering Story…but so far, that hasn’t happened.

Our subscription doesn’t expire until June, though…so enough time to finish watching things before cancelling.

2 Likes

I almost never watch it anymore either. I would definitely cancel it if my kids didn’t watch it every day. I pretty much pay the whole fee for Bluey and it’s worth every dime.

10 Likes

Yeah. I don’t watch it but kids do. Now they’re trying to push tje bundle. Ot would be Luke getting Hulu for free though wh o O don’t mind. The 3 year deal was a steal.

My family, including myself, watches something on Disney+ every day. And I’m still on my original 3 years of D23 discount, which I think was like $3.99/month. But even the full price will be worth it for us.

I recently cancelled my YouTube TV subscription so we are saving like $70/month on live TV. We only have Disney+, Netflix, and Prime.

6 Likes

This is another one we find we are watching less and less of. I expect the only reason we keep Netflix is to watch Stranger Things!

And Prime…more and more we are finding that the “free” stuff isn’t worth watching, and the stuff we do watch we have to pay for.

2 Likes