WDW Just Canceled My Park Passes!

Weird but good show. My all time favorite ending to a TV series (whole series not just the season) is the newer Battlestar Galactica. I don’t know if anything will ever leave me filling as satisfied as that show did.

3 Likes

My current biggest complaint is the Amazon storefronts that are commandeering product listings with really good ratings, then swapping them out for completely different products that are subpar.

I was looking to see if I could buy some kind of dog barking deterrent device. Looked at ~30 different listings in the genre, various products from various sellers. Overall review ratings for each listing were good. But. If you sort the reviews by date, the recent ones were all terrible. The older ones were great. And if you ignored the generic “great/did the job” reviews and looked for details, they were previously everything from turtle food to kitchen tools. :angry:

Customer service chat took the whole list of item numbers. Hope they can get a handle on that.

5 Likes

OMG that is a racket! I can’t believe they can get away with that.

3 Likes

Oh, look! Took me 3 minutes to find another one. :roll_eyes:

^Note the overall reviews rating

^Newest reviews

^Used to be a rabbit toy

^And something unicorn prior to that

Always sort to look at the latest reviews (default sort is “most helpful” and they’ll have upvoted positive generically worded ones).

I’ve never seen this issue with anything “Sold by Amazon” or well recognized companies, only “Sold by RandomCompany”

5 Likes

I get the same thing you do on Amazon. There are items that take longer than 2 days, but I’ve always seen that. We recently had next day shipping for an item we needed pretty quickly. No extra charge.

2 Likes

Since we started getting Amazon by USPS it is routinely at least a day later than their scheduled date if not longer. My most recent two orders were 3 days shipping - one day past promised -and for the other one “we’re sorry it’s delayed - if it’s not there tomorrow (Monday) please ask for a refund”.
It arrived on Wednesday. I didn’t ask for a refund.

UPDATE!!
After working 13 hours today I decided not to take no for an answer. The Disney+ offer was still listed on their site, so I clicked the link to book online. What do you know? Availability at several resorts. I picked up the phone to give them the opportunity to fix last night. Once again, I was told no availability for the D+ offer. Fine! I hung up and booked the offer online. Different resort, but an exciting change. I called them back to say nah, nah, nah, nah, boo boo. Asked them to fix the old reservation in the system as to not mess up park reservations further, Christmas party tickets, etc.

They ended up transferring me three times. I spent an hour on the phone. BUT … the final rep I spoke with (Bradley) was so friggin great. I apologized in advance things were so messy. He said “Well, I am about to simplify your life.”
Professional, but funny. I could hear him rolling his eyes at every request, but felt it was in jest. We shared personal (Disney) stories. He lives a couple of miles from the parks.

I ended up canceling BWV all together. The first night (no D+ discount) will be Riviera. The next six nights will be … wait for it …
Grand Floridian!!! With the discount it was less BWV studio.
I haven’t logged in to MDE yet, so it’s very well possible the entire reservation is jacked up. But like I say all the time about the stupid money I spend at WDW … I"m paying for the experience. :rofl:

25 Likes

Yay!!!

2 Likes

Daaaaaang! Upgrade for sure! Is it one of the new resort studios?

4 Likes

Excellent ! :star_struck::heart_eyes::sunglasses:

3 Likes

I haven’t read the entire thread but this reminds me so much of trying to get the military salute discount for the rooms. You never know when one will come available. I’d have a list of 4 or 5 possible resorts and book what I could when the discount was announced then periodically call back until I moved further up the list. I usually got #1 or 2 eventually. It was just such a limited # of rooms.

5 Likes

We found out today that there may be a reason our Amazon switched to 5 days…and likely temporary. The distribution center near us was part of the massive power outage on August 29, and they are still trying to catch up after that caused significant disruptions for them. I noticed today that all the Prime products are now listing 3 days to ship instead of 5…so perhaps we will end up back at 2 days once they are completely caught up.

4 Likes

SO happy this ended up working out for you…just wish you hadn’t needed to experience the headache to begin with!

6 Likes

Really? My husband does all of the Amazon orders so I didn’t realize there had been a change. His BFF is still here almost daily :thinking: Sometimes it’s just a wellness check if he hasn’t ordered anything in a few days.

9 Likes

Exciting trip!!
I’m so glad it all worked out for you :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

I’m so glad!!! Yay for you and thankful for Bradley!

3 Likes

The discount wasn’t THAT big. :laughing:
No, just a regular room, garden view. But, I can walk over to see our bears. (CBJ) :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

Absolutely feel the same way! Think only the penultimate episode of Breaking Bad beats it for me.

2 Likes

Congratations for getting this worked out! What a mess, but it worked well for you in the end!

4 Likes

I wonder if they are deliberately telling people no D+ discounted rooms. Evil Cheap-ek’s thought process might be, “Well, they’ve bought into the idea by paying some amount of money for the D+ subscription. Probably mentioned the idea of a Disney trip to the family. Then when they call in we can tell them there isn’t any discounted available and then they are X% likely to come anyway, paying rack rate. Bwahahahahahaha.”
Then the people still in the Just Thinking Stage click on the link and get the discounted rooms.

4 Likes