Wdw home for NBA?

This page is still showing things being open:

https://www.disneyworld.co.uk/experience-updates/resorts/

And it would be possible to block off certain blocks without affecting access to the main building.

True. But why? What is the purpose of that fence?

To keep the NBA players in their bubble at the resort.

2 Likes

It looks like that fence is right outside the villas? That is the covered walkway by the fountain?

I donā€™t know the GF layout outside. If it is, the yikes! I would not be a happy bunny if I was there right now. I assumed it was blocking off the building furthest away from the Poly, towards the MK walkway.

1 Like

Yahā€“but bubble where? Will we have access to the lobby? To the monorail? To shops? To restaurants? Maybe I need to take a closer look at where the fence is. In my mind itā€™s between the villas and the main resort, but maybe itā€™s not.

It looks like it is right outside the villa door that leads to the main building to me but maybe that covered area is the area outside the GFC?

1 Like

Ugh. I hope not. I just canā€™t figure out where those outside table and chairs are. I donā€™t think those are near the villas. It almost looks like the outside seating area of the QS.

You are definitely right! I was looking at that 2nd picture , I completely missed the window!

1 Like

This is what concerned me:

This states it is the middle of the resort

1 Like

This makes me think we need to change resorts.

It will be ugly down by sugarloaf, if that is where it is but the villas will still be beautiful and amazing.

2 Likes

True, but I wonder if we will have access to the restaurants and shops?

I think Sugarloaf is that building beyond the fence and it is beyond the main lobby and restaurants. I think you will have one pool too.

The convention center is on the MK side?

2 Likes

Yes, the convention center is on the MK side so I guess they could be fencing off some of the buildings on that side with it. I like the quiet pool at GF though.

When are you going? If it was me Iā€™d want to find out my options and what exactly is being blocked off. Seems a little inconvenient to be at one of the NBA hotels.

1 Like

End of July which is why Iā€™m getting nervous.

Itā€™s tough! Such a pretty resort, too bad to have the fences. I was supposed to stay there in April.

Well Iā€™d decide how bothered you would be
If part of the resort was closed off. Or check your options then see if itā€™s even worth thinking about.

1 Like

I did just check and we could easily switch to another DVC resortā€“availability is wide open. Iā€™ve made so many changes to this trip already. Ugh.

1 Like

Yikes! This looks awful. :astonished:

The Courtyard Pool is fenced off for the NBA, but you still have access to the lobby and the restaurants that were listed as open. But the fence is hideous.

1 Like