Wdw home for NBA?

It does look awful

But the wailing and flailing is out of control.

If folks don’t like it, there’s plenty of availability to rebook.

This is a temporary thing and will only be in place for this one visit.

It’s exhausting how people are unable to get over such a small issue.

1 Like

I am very cheap with my points. A stay at GFV is very special for me. I believe this is unexpected and disappointing. At a time when everything we have loved seems out of reach, I understand why people react out of emotion at first. I am sure many will make the change once they can let this dream go.

2 Likes

Sorry to be exhausting. I just wasn’t sure how all of it work.
I’ll stop complaining.

Oh I get that! I definitely get that. But then this is the time to say, “Now is not the time for me to visit GFV; I’ll do that another time” and switch.

2 Likes

No no no nobody HERE is complaining.

I’m sorry you took it that way!!!

I’m on a group elsewhere and there are SO MANY.

Please don’t take it as directed at you. I’m sorry — it definitely was not

2 Likes

I think it is a process and with time many will (or decide they can live with it).

I love the villas. Although I love walking the GF grounds in the morning I think I would keep my stay but I would definitely look at options. I know someone that called yesterday was told that points are still not going into holding so the flexibility on points helps.

4 Likes

Okay good. I didn’t want to come across as whiny.
My girls wanted to stay at GFV because it’s their birthday trip, but when they saw the fences they said nope. So we switched to Riviera and the Poly. Although this is for July and I still don’t know if we will definitely go.

2 Likes

I was happy to find this out when I changed our reservation yesterday. I’m glad to know I can still cancel for next month.

No not at all.

What I am seeing in other places is a lot of entitlement and demanding attitudes. Just people being unreasonable.

Disappointment is normal, natural, expected. I have some disappointments about my upcoming trip just like anyone else. I think it’s important for people to keep that in perspective, understand the why and not take it as a personal offense that this is happening.

Questions are ALWAYS welcomed here (and I hope elsewhere, but certainly here). That doesn’t exhaust me in the least :slight_smile: In fact, I can’t keep up with the daily thread anymore at work so I take great joy in participating in other threads, especially the ones where questions are asked.

I’m glad we’ve cleared that up :wink: Hugs!!

2 Likes

I think that was a good move!

3 Likes

Thanks. :hugs:
The ugly fence and no access to the quiet pool is what did it for me. Plenty of other resorts to pick from.

I do too. And under normal circumstances there would no way to make a change like that 29 days in advance. Weird times.

2 Likes

This. smh. Most folks in a couple of other groups I’m in seem excessively upset. “My whole world will collapse if I can’t get photos of my 18 month old hugging [insert character].”

Um, where do you live that your life is so little impacted by a global pandemic that it’s amazing to you that WDW is making changes?

Ok, done venting. :blush:

4 Likes

Or it could be the opposite? Their RL is so topsy turvy their WDW trip is the one thing they thought they could control?

But yeah, everyone needs to pack a whole lot of extra patience and flexibility for the next…well, however many months…

1 Like

They seem awfully young too. Which makes perspective difficult. Maybe a whole lot of things seem uncontrollable.

Do you wonder what the Spanish flu folks felt like? Or did they just keep on keeping on . . .

As much as we are overwhelmed with information, it must have been even harder for them to grasp what was happening. They were dealing with WWI at the start of it as well.

you misspelled “years”

5 Likes

Researcher :trophy:

1 Like

BLECH!!

But correct. :frowning_face:

So is this something standard at wdw, or a room service menu specifically for MLS personnel there?

In any case, they had better step it up before the NBA gets there.