WDW at night?

I’ve seen multiple HM mentions… does it make a difference in a dark ride? Or do you mean it takes away from it, knowing it’s bright daylight outside, and therefore adds to it by not doing that at night?

I think it’s just the atmosphere walking up to it in the dark instead of daylight.

3 Likes

this may be a less specific answer than you’d like but i love all the parks at night from simply walking around to riding rides. there’s something special about how the parks are lit up. i feel like i can focus more and take in the atmosphere. yes, the parks are special in the day, too, but nighttime is delightful. i feel much more energy and excitement (and, practically speaking, far less concern about sunshine, sunburn, and heat stroke).

4 Likes

I think our current touring plan has us arriving more like 7.45.

We’ve got an early morning FP for it another day, so maybe it doesn’t matter too much.

1 Like

I love the Jungle Cruise at night!

1 Like

Holy cow, PEOPLE MOVER!! A MUST DO at night! (You’ll actually be able to see the star field when you go through the space mountain portion)

2 Likes

People Mover is better at night. Definitely Pandora at night, although it didn’t glow as much as I thought it would.

1 Like

Pirates of the Caribbean.

This reminds me. At Universal, the queue for the King Kong ride is SUPER DARK. The problem is, when you enter the queue from a very bright, sunny outside, your eyes are so dilated that it is practically impossible to see anything. I remember literally running into the walls because my eyes were too dilated to see anything. When we rode it a second time another day, I thought they had turned up the lights. But now I realize it is because it wasn’t as bright outside to begin with before we entered.

I imagine Pirates is similar. Very dark if you come from a bright outside, but if you come in from a dark outside, it allows you to see things better.

I like all of Animal Kingdom more at night. Though the animals being hard to see or asleep is the biggest downside.

2 Likes

HM is similar. It’s better at night, even though it’s a dark ride.

DAH at AK was marginally scary and creepy. Especially when moving between lands, when you are literally the only person you can see in any direction. Kinda cool, too.

3 Likes

Oops, I think I took a wrong turn…aaand, I’m in the lion habitat!

The next morning, the animal keepers are unable to figure out why the lions seem uninterested in the food they’re fed.

1 Like

until they discover a mickey pants magic band in some lion dung

2 Likes

I think everything seems more magical at night. Our last trip, we got the latest BOG dinner time. We lingered over our meal and were the last group to leave the restaurant. We exited into a mostly empty Magic Kingdom, walked slowly through Fantasyland and out to Main Street. By the time we hit Main Street, we saw no one. Obviously, I know people were there somewhere, but we never saw them. It was the most amazing night.

9 Likes

My first night on my first trip:

10 Likes

it’s not a contest. :wink:

(that said, still very jealous of that shot. If only that scrim wasn’t there.)

Edited for spelling

Yes it is. The score is 4 : 4 at the moment.

1 Like

Do you know I’ve never noticed that. They’re very good.

1 Like