WDW at night?

The best night time attraction: Kilimanjaro Safaris.

Eta: this night time show can be really good as early as 7:15!

I’m definitely a night owl.

My strategy is to sleep a bit on the plane: up to three hours. Then adrenalin carries me through to midnight or so.

My body clock gets a little angry, but it’s used to late nights. And I kinda trick it with the darkness thing.

1 Like

On the subject of night time things, we enjoy Disney Springs best at night. After dark, the atmosphere is just completely different.

2 Likes

My teen grandniece: by car you have internet.

1 Like

What about it? :stuck_out_tongue: We have to get up about 5am BST on our travel day, and arrive in Florida at 8pm BST/3pm EST. By the time we go to bed at 11pm EST it’s already 4am BST and we’ve been up 23 hours. Then we only get 5 hours sleep because of the jet lag.

Be off with your 13 hours :joy:

3 Likes

We’re very good at RD! Not so good with staying out late.

I can’t sleep on the plane. Especially on the way there, I’m too excited. I do shut my eyes for a while. I think it helps.

2 Likes

Or, I wasn’t trying to compare. Merely concerned that the 4 am wake time I have will make me…tired.

I’ve never done that in my life. I’m not sure it is humanly possible for me. Even when my wife was in labor for our second child, I felt asleep in the labor and delivery room! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m not excited on the plane. I’m doing my utmost to stop yelling “I hate this. Are we there yet? I hate this. Are we there yet?”

2 Likes

I’m trying to plan this for us, I’m not sure the timing is going to work out - I don’t want to go when it’s pitch black.

I would imagine you’ll be very tired! It’s an early start, and I always think any kind of travelling is tiring, even if you’re not going thousands of miles.

1 Like

I don’t love flying but it’s much more enjoyable with Virgin than anyone else we’ve flown with.

I progressed with each kid. First kid I tried to sleep in the chair that didn’t quite lay flat. Second kid I brought an air mattress. 3rd on I went home to sleep and told her to call when she was serious about getting the kid out.

Especially if you’re in Upper Class :star_struck:

I’ll just have to take your word for it, sadly!

Yes, don’t you be sneaking your nose round the curtain and disturbing our five course lunch.

2 Likes

I think pitch black isn’t as good as twilight.
Lights are used to make the animals visible, altho there is an attempt to hide the actual light source from our safari trucks.
At twilight, these lights are less intrusive.

I usually look up sunset and twilight times for our visit and try to time our arrival for 15 minutes or so before sunset. I recall for one trip that was about 7:20.

3 Likes

I think the following rides are better at night:

BTMRR
7DMT
EE
HM
ToT
Dumbo
Magic Carpets

I also love walking around POR at night and taking the boat from there to DS; it is so peaceful and relaxing after a long day in the parks.

2 Likes

Astro Orbiter. Great view of the park

2 Likes

Actually, just BEING IN Tomorrowland at night is a sight to behold, regardless of actually riding anything.

3 Likes