Wait times just skyrocketed in my touring plans

The Frozen show at DCA is good but not as good as Aladdin.

2 Likes

That Aladdin show was wonderful. They did such a great job with it. I made it a point to see it every time I was in DCA. I’ve never bothered with the Frozen show.

2 Likes

I think it’s worth seeing, but I don’t see it every time. I am ready to move on from Frozen, also. Is that sacrilege? I would love to see a brand new show go in the Hyperion!

1 Like

Before anyone panics, the average waits in the last few days have still been stable in that 30-35 minute range where they’ve been consistently since mid-April. Obviously some rides and parks will have higher waits at some times, but there hasn’t been a systematic burgeoning of wait times. A 170-minute wait for FOP is unheard of in COVID times. I would report the issue and refresh again tomorrow.

For me personally, I’m just going to roll with it. I’m arriving in a few days and we already have our days planned to be super chill. Not much I can do to change it.

2 Likes

P.S. Here are a couple of charts for context - the average daily wait at FOP over the last two months, then the average wait for today by time of day (with the black line being the historical trend). A 90-minute wait is about the highest it gets.

ETA: This data is all captured from the app by Thrill Data. There is no adjustment for actual vs. reported wait times like TP does.

1 Like

So most of my May 30-June 7 TP wait times just went up a bit but HS on June 1 skyrocketed. Like 100 minute total waits to 254 minutes. Does this sound right @len?

2 Likes

Yes summon the master!

4 Likes

Yeah, DHS is my worst so far too, EPC, AK and MK seem pretty similar. It says I can do FOP in 25 min if I rope drop. And we have overlapping dates. I’m May 29-Jun9

1 Like

Too late? :crazy_face:

I’m not sure I’d want to see it twice in one trip. But if you’re a huge Lion King fan, maybe?

I’m still scared to look at my TPs. Maybe tonight with a (large) glass of wine. But I’m mentally gearing up for a mental shift. Last year we did a “go to Disney and do ALL the park things!” week. Maybe this becomes a “go to Orlando and visit the parks for a few of our favorite things” trip.

2 Likes

Yup…head in the sand, not looking! No RD for us just pool time, water parks and 2-4pm arrivals in parks🤪 then pool time after parks; might kill me but this is all about making up for this year and a half to my kid! She has since said maybe one RD so fingers crossed!!

3 Likes

My kids are totally sold on RD after our trip January 2020. So we’re doing 10 days of RD mornings and head for the hotel by 3pm or so. (Except Epcot cuz late RD.)

One DS11 literally said “Oh, I love rope drop!”

ETA: The promise of pool time almost every day helped too.

6 Likes

Nice! I’m not even arguing…maybe after day 1 she will change her tune! Although she’s been a night owl since she was little so maybe not

My mom and I got an argument once because I wasn’t ready to rope drop Universal Studios when I was a teen. But I got lucky. My kids push thru but they’d rather sleep in. I plan sleep in days though.

2 Likes

Yeah, I get that. We are totally night owls. Evening extra magic hours were our sweet spot. Our January 2020 trip was split days of morning EMH RDs and evening EMHs with midday breaks. We even did evening EMHs on trips where they were itty-bitties.

This TP is totally different so we’ll see how it goes, but it avoids hottest hours in the parks and reduces travel time so we’ll see!

Our 2020 cancelled trip had 2 DAH!!!

1 Like

I have only updated one plan so far. It went from 3.5 hours to 5 hours. I am afraid to look at the rest.

1 Like

Ouch.

2 Likes

Hmmm. I can have the stats team look at it. Which day is your DHS plan, @Sunshiney_Disney_Momma?

2 Likes

Hi folks, things are frantic here as we go through a complete update of wait time forecasts and crowd levels. We think there is enough evidence that things are returning to normal that we need to revert back to pre-COVID models (sort of). You may see some changes to your touring plans as these updates get pushed to the site and the app. A blog post describing the changes and the impact is coming (likely Monday).

Personally, I would suggest everyone reoptimize their plans daily and prepare for frequent changes as we head into the summer.

14 Likes

Thanks for the update. Yep things are getting unpredictable. Appreciate the information. Good stuff. Glad things are moving in the right direction.