Wait times just skyrocketed in my touring plans

yes but wasn’t it reported recently that they’ve called back 80% of CMs? I know current CMs are pulling 10-12 hour shifts right now.

2 Likes

Sure but I can walk to DHS since I’m at BW so they can open it just for me right? :wink:

4 Likes

This…I almost cried last night. We have 2 half days planned for AK, arrival and departure. I hit evaluate and a good chunk of items hit the red “after park close” notice. Then I started re-evaluating our drive and considered modifying our 1 night travel hotel to a place closer to Orlando. But, I couldn’t justify driving longer than the already planned 14 hours. We need sleep or we are all grouchy beyond Disney rescue.

I just updated and my last 5 days are now a disaster. It’s now basically impossible to do all the major attractions at HS in a single day if you plan to eat a TS meal. We’ve never waited in lines for anything bc we usually go for 8+ days and used FPP and RD to full advantage. I had resigned myself to a few 30 minute waits, but now my HS and EP days have multiple >75 minute waits. Perhaps this vacation will turn into a very expensive week by the resort pool (could be worse!).

2 Likes

No matter where I put FOP in my plan, it is a 170+ minute wait! :grimacing::flushed::sob:

Same!
I placed it in our departure day as a RD, but dang…I was not expecting 170+ when I hit evaluate.

If you got a 170 wait on RD, and set your plan to start early, and placed a 1 minute break just ahead of FOP so that the plan would start you actually AT FOP, there’s something wrong with the program just now and it should be reported to help desk.

1 Like

Oh, I’m sorry. I should have clarified. I had 170+ on our arrival day. I have a decent time on RD of our departure day. Just dealing with disappointment of missing out on the head-liners on our first day at AK.

I actually do this 90% of the time bc trying to account for DAS within the TP is a pain. I just keep checking the wait times in Lines and decide from there.

5 Likes

I think I was combining your remark @sunsecret_511097 and @YallFromShreveport in my mind. Still very concerning, especially if you place it at RD and it holds

1 Like

I only hearted it cuz “dumpster fire” made me laugh. But it’s so NOT funny! My AK day looked amazing before.

1 Like

I hope you’re right!! I’m trying to stay positive!

1 Like

Same. It was going to be a lovely, relaxed touring day. Back to the resort before 5 for pool/relaxation time. Not anymore…

1 Like

I guess I’m lucky so far. Have a couple of increases and had to drop BMTRR due to closure (park hopping ftw before it closes) My FOP is a RD and 21 min wait. I don’t even know if I can ride it or not. Of course, all of this can change in an instant so I’m sure karma or something will mess it up. I’m assuming that if I can fit it in, going to FoLK is something we might want to do on both of our AK days? It’s that good right?

It used to be that good, not sure if it’s shortened now?

1 Like

I won’t know the difference, having never seen it at all.

I viewed a video on youtube and I think it’s a teeny bit shorter and seems only to be missing the tumble monkeys and the birds in flight (though they dance on the ground). I would say it is a very good show and not to be missed, and that if you hadn’t see in it before it wouldn’t feel in any way truncated or missing something. They have done a good job at reworking it to be safe for now.

I do hope the original returns eventually though.

Edited: it’s a must-do for me always.

4 Likes

It’s the best show in WDW of this type. I really loved the Aladdin in DCA the most though. Haven’t seen the Frozen replacement because I did what my daughter wanted when we went for Oogie Boogie Bash in 2019.

2 Likes

The waitimes have to go up if the same number of attractions/restaurants are open when the capacity increases. Hopefully they will increase capacity for restaurants, open up more shows and other entertainment, and extend hours.

5 Likes

On the Disney Dish episode from Sunday, Len talked about how Disney has already increased capacity and it seemed to happen last week. I think these adjustments in the TP’s are a result of them adjusting the algo - rhythm (I know that’s not how you spell it!). I noticed when we were there last week that the Lines app was off quite a bit and I think this is why. They were calibrated to what the capacity was and not what it shifted to mid-week last week. I do hope they open up more shows and things to compensate. And perhaps they are also reducing distancing on rides?

I think RD is super important right now. We RD’d Epcot on Saturday and were in the park right at 10:00 for an 11:00 open. We walked onto the boat at FEA and then rode TT with about a 20-25 minute wait. Done with both by 11:00.

3 Likes