Wait times just skyrocketed in my touring plans

Thanks @Fred! Looking forward to the blog post, appreciate y’all keeping us in the loop!

This is a super helpful update @fred Thanks so much!

@fred, I appreciate the updated data! More things will open over time to absorb increasing crowds, but it doesn’t look like that is the case in the short term (next couple of weeks). Are there signs that ride capacity is increasing with the increased park capacity or just the resulting increased queues/wait times?

@len
June 1- Here is our plan: HS- Day 1
I removed our break and meals just in case that was messing with it but that only made the wait times go up more- now over 300 minutes.

Just curious, have you tried optimizing since the times went up?

Yes I just optimized here before publishing it.

1 Like

Our MK and AK days were close to projected wait times. HS and EPCOT were much longer than on our TP.

2 Likes

Mine just got better for most of the parks. I went and redid them but that DHS day with TSL and SWGE (along with Echo Lake and Grand Avenue) is still much worse than it was a couple of weeks ago when it was saying I could fit all three TSL rides, both SWGE rides, ST and both shows in Echo Lake plus The Muppets all in before my 12noon lunch. Now it’s got me going till 4pm or something so that must mean it added 240 minutes of waits (and I took out RotR and we’ll just ride it if/when our BG is called and reoptimize. We don’t have dinner till 6:30 I think in Epcot but we’ll have to leave around 5pm and if we can’t get half the park done with limited attractions completed between 8am-5pm that’s an issue Disney needs to correct…) It’s the only park like this. All of my other parks I can finish half the park right before or after lunch (with the last attraction being indoor theater so no biggie in the heat of the day and crowds) and get a nice long nap before dinner and maybe a reride or two after dinner if I feel like it.

2 Likes

Can anyone explain how the waits get calculated on RotR? On @Sunshiney_Disney_Momma’s plan it’s showing a 72 minute wait for Rise. I thought they timed the BG returns to a degree that a long wait was not to be expected.

Thank you for asking this! I was surprised to see that high of a number!

1 Like