Volcano Bay1

Anybody is welcome to talk about Volcano Bay attractions

What is the best ride at VB?

It’s not a ride but our favourite thing was the wild river. I think the best slide was the aqua coaster.

4 Likes

How long is the lazy river?

I agree!

1 Like

We didn’t actually do the lazy river.

Best ride is Kraka-whatever. It does this wild thing where these magnets tow your raft uphill like a regular coaster does. So, you get a fun ride without walking up a million steps. It has a few of those uphills, so you’re never even that high.

The Fierce River is awesome too. Maybe it is called Fearless? whatever, the fast one. DD could stay in their hours so we claim chairs at its entrance.

It is those two that make VB stand out.

1 Like

I’ll be at VB this Tuesday! I’m going to UO all next week, I’m going to be doing a live trip report starting tomorrow morning!

10 Likes

I love VB!

I agree that the water coaster and fearless river are highlights.

We also love the family raft rides (Hona ika Moana - or something like that)

The only thing I don’t like about VB is that I cannot get the ride names to stick. Krakatau is about the only one I can say confidently and I’ve probably spelled it wrong :rofl::rofl:

5 Likes

Our favorites are the water coaster (Krakatau) and the Fearless river as well. We also like Honu which is the blue side of the double raft ride, it is a bit scary though and makes you feel like you might fly off the top.

3 Likes

On a podcast? or on this forum? Please tell me how to stay updated.

1 Like

Darkmite2

Welcome!

The Krakatau Aqua Coaster is the most popular family attraction. For the most thrilling people, there are the popular individual slides, Ko’okiri Body Plunge and Kala & Tai Nui Serpentine Body Slides. The most popular family raft slides are, Honu ika Moana Slides. And agreed, the TeAwa The Fearless River is one of the best overall attractions.

On the map, you can see size of the Fearless River on the left and the Winding (Lazy) River on the right.

(Click here for better image & attraction info)

@darkmite2 will have a thread under UOR/Trip Reports, which you’ll find right here: Trip Reports - TouringPlans Discussion Forums

2 Likes

To tag someone you need the @ then the name.

Guess who’s mastered all the fancy names??!! :rofl::rofl::+1:t2::+1:t2:

6 Likes

It was that Super Liner Bros. Virtual Trip that did it! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

On this forum… There’s a whole section titled “Trip Reports” if you want to look at recent ones. You’ll see mine tomorrow in the main page / “Latest”

2 Likes

Does anyone know where the free shady seating is at VB? I know it exists but not sure where to find it. It looks nice!

There are 3 of the free shade structures at Waturi Beach:

3 at Hammerhead Beach and 2 right near the volcano:

There are also umbrellas at some of the lounge chairs scattered around. Get to any if these early and put your towels on because they are gone fast.

5 Likes

Oh that’s fantastic! Thanks for the great information @bebe80! We’ll try to get to one of the buildings or umbrella early! :blush:

1 Like