Volcano Bay1

As a pale redhead, I preferred what you called the buildings. That way I could find a chair that was solidly in the shade so that I stayed in the shade throughout the day.
ETA: One of the complaints people make about the chairs you can reserve is that you can’t move the cover built into the chairs. So, you’ll see people bring chip clips and extra towels to cover the front. Of course, then you are in a little cave.

1 Like

100 agree with your top three.

1 Like

Great info bebe80!

This is where we camped out when we went. They had overhead fans, almost as good as a cabana, we thought. Grandparents hung out there while we went and did rides.

7 Likes

One thing worth noting in the map, and it seemed true in person.
Look at the last map posted and the circled roofs. Those are the free ones that have a bunch of chairs under them. Now look to the left of those. Those are the cabanas you can pay to rent. Notice that the roofs seem the same. Of course, with a cabana you have that space to yourself. But the quality of the shade seemed equal with the roofs being about the same size.

2 Likes

I went a little further up the path and to the left. (Closer to Ohno drop slide)

They do fill up soon after park open. However, I arrived for early park admission and had my pick.

5 Likes