Vive la différence!

I’m repeating a lot.

Coffee pots in rooms - I’m a coffee drinker but I don’t make coffee in the room. The obsession with breaks. But that leads me to the next one - late shows although I’ll probably try to HEA at least next time. Room requests - didn’t realize this was a thing - although I don’t like being near the elevator and prefer the end of the hall. And Dole Whip - never had one but doesn’t appeal to me - too much artificial crap.

1 Like

But how do you make hot dogs in your room?

2 Likes

Dole whips aren’t dairy, though. I love Dole whips, with or without the rum. Yummmm!

1 Like

I decidedly don’t.

2 Likes

Silly me. I thought the ice cream was made from milk.

I don’t care about Epcot. :open_mouth: But I am excited to try Garden Grill for breakfast.

I care about planning obsessively, eating good food, and trying to avoid massive crowds- I don’t watch MK fireworks in the park.

3 Likes

It’s never called ice cream, though. Gluten free and vegan. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Don’t care about:

• Staying Onsite
  • Afternoon Breaks
  • Signature Dining
  • MK Everyday Fireworks

Do care about:

• Coffee pot in the room otherwise DH is a bear
  • Rope Drop
  • Touring Plans
  • Characters
  • AP perks

It is gluten free/dairy free.

Not sure if they are gluten free.

They are unless they’ve changed the formula beause when DH had to eat DF/GF we triple checked everything he ate on that trip and he could have Dole Whips. This was Spring 2017.

1 Like

[quote=“galuchies, post:51, topic:65296, full:true”]are gluten free.
[/quote]

Yes, indeed, they are.

1 Like

Don’t care about Dole Whips, signature dining, TT, PPF, IASW (which DH makes us all do every trip), or RNRC.

Do care about 60 day FPs, having 2 rooms (suite) when we go with the kids, obsessive planning and TP-making, photos, evening spectaculars, and rope dropping. Also care about eating similarly to how I do at home, plus a few splurges since we’re on vacation. (Some other family members spend way too much time whining about how tired they are of rich foods and big meals, etc.)

Don’t care about:

• Merch
  • Character meet and greets
  • Disney cupcakes
  • Popcorn
  • Making sure we spend every moment at the Parks
2 Likes

don’t care about:

fireworks and parades enough to line up though love to find a spot to watch when it’s time
most TS other than fitting them in to need-to-fuel and rest planning
waiting for attractions. Life’s too short. In a crazy pinch, maybe 45 minutes, usually 20 minute expected wait and we’re off to another great thing

care about:

a resort we love. that the reason for going DVC
minimum stress. sometimes that means booking extras like tours, dessert parties, a rental car.
or sometimes the opposite: reducing planning expectations, just going with what works, playing the “what Fast Pass can I get?” game
Finding time for magical joyfulness. quirky fun like Sorcerers, the Pirate quest game, deciding to spend an hour on the bird reserve in AK, doing the Belle’s tales attraction in MK to listen and watch the beautiful excitement of other families meeting Belle and being part of her story

4 Likes

I don’t care about:

• ticketed events
  • dessert parties
  • character dining
  • Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique
  • merchandise
  • snacks other than ice cream, dole whip, and churros (especially not those obscene 3-dessert-in-1 shakes)
  • food & wine festival
  • True rope dropping (waiting as long “not in line” before park opens as I would “in line” after)
  • staking out seats
  • most parades
  • motion simulator rides
  • the dining plan

Things I do care about that others don’t:

• sitting in the optimal spot on a roller coaster for catching air
  • Imagineering and other history exhibits
  • making sure I switch from shoes to flip flops for a wet ride
  • the soundtrack on rides and shows
3 Likes

Don’t care about:

CMs
MNSSHP and MVMCP
M&Gs
DDP
Riding as many rides as possible in a day - especially re-rides
Most QS meals
Bus travel times
HDDR
Most up-charge events (not counting tours)
Mid-day breaks
Most “souvenirs”
Pretending that a TP is a realistic “schedule” for a day
Feeling the need to go every year (let alone multiple times in one year)

Things that I DO care about:

Staying on-site
RD and AM EMH
TS (and especially signature) dining
Architectural details
Music - area and attraction
WDW History and “classic” rides
Planning - although mostly just ADRs and FPPs

As I read this it’s pretty clear that I’m a 60 year old guy who usually tours solo (and sometimes with his DW).

2 Likes

Loving everyone’s answers!
Things I don’t care about:
Character meets, going RD to close, merchandise, HS, lots of meals, doing all the rides
Things I do care about:
RD (although my suddenly opinionated kid does not), snacks, fireworks, the coffee maker in the room, staying onsite, afternoon breaks, planning obsessively, theming, reading/watching everything about how WDW was created

Don’t care about:

1. Dessert parties
  2. Going bagless to avoid bag check
  3. Whether they have little bottles of shampoo or large ones attached to the wall
  4. Swimming pools at Disney
  5. Getting a paper straw

Do care about:

1. Disney removing lotion from hotel rooms
  2. Having a renovated hotel room
  3. Buying a million pairs of Minnie ears
  4. Going to the parks (a resort-only trip is not for me)
  5. Eating at my favorite TS restaurants
4 Likes

This is a thing people do? Go to Disney and not…go to Disney? I can get my head around most of the individual preferences here but really? :astonished:

1 Like