Unpopular opinions (WDW edition)

Is there anything about any of the parks, hotels, or even Disney Springs that most people seem to love that you just cant wrap your head around?

I’ll go first:

• the Jungle Cruise isnt even fun ironically. Most of the animatronics and sound effects quit working a long time ago, and Disney Parks never cared enough to update them. Best case scenario, one out of five skippers may have the charisma to keep things fun, but in reality its probably 1 in 10 (feels like 1 in 20). The rest read off the script like theyre dying.
6 Likes

The first time I ever ride JC, the Skipper properly presented the backside of water as a joke. It was funny and we laughed. Ever since then, every time we ride it, the skippers present it as if they are introducing some famous things we are already aware of. Which isn’t funny at all. For those who have on the ride before, perhaps you could argue it is famous. But to any first time riders, it makes no sense for them to present the backside of water so dramatically. It ruins the otherwise brilliant joke.

To be fair, overall I find Jungle Cruise a bore. A few times it is mildly funny. Jingle Cruise I had hoped it would be better. It wasn’t.

5 Likes

We made JC a priority on several trips but the last 3. I can hear what the Skippers are saying most of the time and that really annoys me. So are they funny? :woman_shrugging: But I’m tired of riding it only to be disappointed.

4 Likes

I agree with all of the above. I guess I’ve never had the “backside of water” properly presented to me because I still don’t get the joke. Like @drvillarejos, much of the time I can’t hear what the skippers are saying.

6 Likes

My unpopular opinion #1: Soarin’ Around the World is better than Soarin’ Over California.

7 Likes

My unpopular opinion #2: Homecomin’ food isn’t that great.

7 Likes

Peter Pan isn’t worth waiting that long for.

7 Likes

There’s a similar thread:

5 Likes

Ready to dodge thrown tomatoes but…
RotR is overrated. I get that it’s way longer than most other dark rides and has multiple stages. Much more tame than I expected. The “escape” storyline is kind of weird, I almost wish it was more of a tour of a starship. We rode it with ILL$. Can’t believe they charge $22pp (and that I paid) but wouldn’t ever want to wait hours in line for it.

7 Likes

We waited about 45 mins at Disneyland. I’m glad we did it, but it’s a one-and-done for me.

5 Likes

While I may agree with this, I still think it’s great! DH describes it as a mature MMRR. And I think that is accurate. I will still pay for it until I can experience it in A mode with out it stopping for tech problems (0 out of 3 so far). After that, it might get old to pay for it. I’m actually cutting back on HS as the park is just frustrating.

2 Likes

We just had this discussion. HS is great but its always so darn crowded. I think we are going to treat it as a 1/2 day park for our next trip.

3 Likes

This is a problem I have noticed. It is almost always the park with the highest CLs…they have added a lot there to increase demand…but they didn’t really add CAPACITY. So more people are going there for SWGE, TSL, etc…but they can’t handle the additional crowds.

4 Likes

Yes, its always a 9!

2 Likes

HS holds one of my favorite rides though! TSM :disappointed_relieved:

4 Likes

Soarin’ is a terrible ride anywhere…

I’m just sitting on a porch swing in front of a screen…

I don’t understand the appeal at all… :rofl: :man_shrugging: :innocent:

2 Likes

But…like over half of the rides at UOR are basically the same. But Soarin’ shows you beautiful, breathtaking views of California. (I would also say the World, but most of those are CGI…)

4 Likes

The same as Soarin’? (Or as you talking about how UOR clones everything…)

I can’t think of a ride like it at UOR… (thankfully! :rofl: :rofl:)

To be clear, I hate how UOR clones their stuff and puts it next door… Every clone they make is worse than the original.

I guess I don’t like looking at California… :rofl: :rofl:

I never feel like I’m moving or anything. I’m just sitting there with an occasional scent blown in my face.

Also, this is the WDW thread. Just because I go to UOR more doesn’t mean I can’t like all the parks or have WDW opinions. I used to go to WDW exclusively for 30 years. Would you have brought up UOR if someone who doesn’t go there said they don’t like Soarin’?

I enjoy being able to be a resource on TP for all thigs UOR, but kinda tired of not being “allowed” to have any opinions on on WDW without it being a WDW vs. UOR thing.:smiley: :innocent: :innocent: (Sorry to vent, but this is happening a lot these days when I want to join in a WDW conversation)

Plus, if you notice what I wrote over in the UOR Unpopular thread - I had a long list of unpopular UOR opinions. I only had one about WDW… :rofl: :rofl:

(Please forgive me if this seems harsh. I’m still sooo tired from my trip and at work today catching up…!! :smiley: :smiley: :innocent: :innocent:)

4 Likes

Spider-Man, Transformers, Kong, Simpsons, Despicable Me, Race Through New York, Fast and Furious, Gringott’s, Forbidden Journey. THey all use the same screen-based technology, each with varying seating configurations. Soarin’ is the same screen-based design. As long as you are in section B, it is much more immersive as well.

I just was surprised that Soarin’ is the thing you have issue with, when UOR has, it seems, more screen-based rides than anything else! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

But…I’ll give my own Soarin’ related unpopular opinion. That is, Soarin’ is a far better attraction than Flight of Passage!!! (Particularly SoC.) FoP is a purely computer-generated simulation where even the Ikran’s you are riding have no heads! And the seating configuration is uncomfortable and annoying. They went to the work of making us think we are riding an actual Ikran that breathes…but couldn’t be bothered to give it a head!!!

Soarin’ is just pure, relaxing joy. (Now that I think about it, so is PeopleMover, which is my favorite Disney ride…so I must be into that kind of thing! :slight_smile: )

6 Likes