Unpopular opinions (WDW edition)

:scream::scream::scream: :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

All of those rides have some range of motion.

Whenever I have been on Soarin, (which is a good number) I am just sitting there with my legs dangling & passively watching a nature show.

I don’t dislike screen attractions at all. I dislike this screen ride.

They just need to make me feel like anything is happening or at least funny like Simpsons…

But, again, not wanting to defend UOR (because it’s a soulless Mega-Corporation that doesn’t need my help) or compare the parks because this is a WDW thread

2 Likes

HS is in desire need of a few more high capacity dark rides and a few lower tier rides. There are some great E-tickets, but not enough rides that absorb crowds. The shows do some of that, but it is not enough.

4 Likes

I will myself into believing I’m actually hang-gliding, which I’ve always wanted to do! I almost always wait for row 1 because seeing other people’s feet in front of me ruins the illusion!

5 Likes

Disney Springs is very much skippable, heck maybe even avoidable. It is just an outdoor mall.

Soarin is not good

Swolphin is the best bang for your buck in WDW

Skyliner is an inefficient mode of transportation and should never have been built

2 Likes

100% agree with you!

3 Likes

:scream: I love it more than the buses and I’m afraid of most heights, lol. It was super convenient to not have to fold a stroller. Why do you think it’s inefficient?

5 Likes

Agree

Disagree

Agree for the most part. Usually it’s half the price of a deluxe like BW or BC/YC with an ideal location for getting to HS and EP.

Strong disagree. The Skyliner is fabulous. Seems very efficient to me, less so for those in ECVS as it seemed like there was always a line for them. But walking on, super fast.

6 Likes

I think Skyliner is great when it is working…but it is down so much for various reasons, it is unreliable. BUT, when it isn’t down, I love it!

We also love Disney Springs. It isn’t JUST an outdoor mall. Yes. It is that. But it has a lot of great food, both quick service and table service. It has plenty of live street entertainment. It has a Disney vibe with World of Disney, etc. I mean, it isn’t Disney PARK fun, but it is still a fun and relaxing way to spend time AWAY from the parks.

Every time I’ve looked at rooms at Swolphin, the prices have NOT been any cheaper than staying at Disney places. I guess we just pick the wrong times to go to Disney for there to be decent discounts!

4 Likes

I appreciate your inclusion of ECVs in the evaluation. Also, only one ecv per car vs 2 per bus. That can be tricky if you are 2 ecvs and there is already one on the bus. Fortunately, for DH and I it seems to workout ok most of the time.

4 Likes

Unpopular opinion:

Dole whips are overrated.

3 Likes

I was wildly disappointed when I finally tried Dole whip for the first time. I mean, it takes like frozen pineapple juice. There are far better snack items to be had! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Do I get a prize for most unpopular unpopular opinion? :blush:

3 Likes

Sure here is your prize:

:poop:

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

4 Likes

I just looked for the end of January and Wooowzas! Crazy expensive. I think it was 4 night, 3300ish. Regular rooms. Hoping it was a glitch. Wanted to try out the Dolphin for a short trip.

1 Like

Make sure you put in the AP rate code, which is QWH. Also check both the Swan and Dolphin.

2 Likes

I’m I just checked and it is quoting me $30,000 for 4 nights in a double bed room with no view. I hope this is a glitch :laughing:

7 Likes

For Swan and Dolphin? I didn’t know they got a discount there!

2 Likes

Right!!! I might try calling, lol

4 Likes

Oh wow, it must come with something other than just the bed!

5 Likes