Unnecessary whiny moaning (this thread is not for WDW old-timers)

That’s actually a really good idea.

1 Like

My DH is also a huge Star Wars fan, he ranks The Last Jedi only just above Phantom Menace. I’ve never seen him so disappointed by anything in my life! But he loved Rogue One - we haven’t seen Solo.

There is a difference between Star Wars moaning and HEA/Soarin’ moaning — the original Star Wars movies are still available. Anyone can watch them and make up their own minds. And then agree with you because obviously you’re right about them.

But Wishes is gone forever. And to those who miss it I say Let It Go!

1 Like

Okay. I’ve whined in other threads, to be sure. :slight_smile:

I do agree that for those who haven’t done things, they should do everything at least once.

But I would put Journey Into Imagination at the top of my list of bad attractions. I can perhaps see young kids finding enjoyment in it. But it such an afterthought that I think Disney themselves were taking a tour of their park and planning what to do next and went, “Oh. Hey, guys. I didn’t know this ride was back here. We’d better do something with it, but we’ve got zero budget left, so…any ideas?”

And I’ll admit, if it wasn’t for my wife, I’d never step foot on It’s A Small World again. A grown man can only take it for so long before insanity sets in! :wink: (I did manage to find a Hidden Mickey last time though, so there’s that. I can’t guarantee it was an intentional one, but it’s there, nonetheless.)

As I mentioned before, CBJ and Tiki Room are skips for me.

There are also rides that are, to me, disappointments, but I still find them enjoyable. By that, I mean I feel they could be or could have been so much more. This includes 7DMT and Little Mermaid. Same with The Seas.

This seems to be a general consensus. But there are certain elements in that movie that literally brought me to tears because it was like a culmination of everything I ever wanted to see. Wish I could discuss it more, but this isn’t the time nor the place! :slight_smile:

I agree with you entirely. In fact, I actually completely understand your frustration with folks like myself who do the moaning about things no longer available. It is hard not to lament, and I know in my case I really do have this deep-seeded hope that Disney gets with the program and understands where their missteps have been so that they don’t make similar ones going forward.

I can’t speak to Wishes versus HEA since I’m just not into Fireworks. As a kid I was, but not since. My family is, however. But I did find HEA to be difficult to enjoy since there was just too much going on. Not terribly different than the Transformers Ride at Unversal, actually…only with better music. :wink:

I agree HEA has its flaws. It’s not clear to me that the projections and fireworks complement each other. I was mostly focussing on the projections, which I thought were amazing. I’m similarly really looking forward to seeing The Night-time Lights of Hogwarts Castle. I’m into projections in general.

Tinkerbell is still there. And blew me away. (That can’t be a real person? Surely?)

And I found the moral of HEA to be somewhat moving.

2 Likes

Man I read this whole thing and still don’t know what HOP is. For a while I actually thought you really were talking about House of pancakes…aaaand saying that out loud I just got it. Geez, that took me a while. Never been in there.

1 Like

I was in the same boat up until 10 seconds ago. Hall of Presidents!

Nope it’s house of pancakes… :wink:

Thats IHOP silly

1 Like

I prefer to avoid giving myself nightmares. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Except they do. For instance, when Merida shoots the arrow on the projection, it flies “out” of the castle and into the target-shaped firework that is perfectly timed to burst. And when the Grandmother rises out of the castle during the Moana scene, there is a burst of fireworks over the tallest spire. And when the Toy Story scenes are on, the fireworks are toy-shaped. And during the Mulan scene, there are Chinese characters in the sky. Totally compliment one another. But it’s a real lot to take in all at once and, even after probably 10 viewings now, I still find new stuff each and every time I see it as a result.

It is. And please don’t call me Shirley. (It’s Jennifer)

10 Likes

I love you guys, but app Liners be cray cray.

Huge thread on there today about — you guessed it! — how much better the old Test Track was than the new one.

Aargh!

1 Like

I will buck the trend, I could take or leave TT in the past, but enjoyed it last trip.

Which, I believe is the whole point of HEA: to keep people coming back because it’s impossible to see everything in the show on just one viewing.

I have two minds on that strategy, but I can’t argue it doesn’t work.

As for something that was changed that should be reverted back: how about the welcome show. While I personally had a pretty decent experience with the new one on my trip (the princesses stopped - actually paused on their exit - to wave at mom and me who were on the path to the side of the castle, even though we were alone), the new one is just so antiseptic in comparison.

And yeah, yeah, I know: “security” (which I call bs on anyway since after the gates open there’s still a mass of people out front), but why couldn’t it have just been reworked to be on the other side of the station?

2 Likes

I really miss the welcome show. The new one is crap

3 Likes

Took me a bit to come up with CBJ.

For me the only no go for our upcoming trip is HoP. We will be in the parks 10 days and it will be August, everything else is on the table (the Tiki Room will be refreshing at some point, I’m sure).

I have not ridden Dinosaur for our last few trips, but might give it another try this trip.

The only attraction I really really miss and think of it every we go is 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea.

1 Like

I can relate to this so much. It’s one of the rides I distinctly remember as a child.

3 Likes

I totally agree with the importance of the nostalgia factor. Growing up going to WDW every other year (I’m 34 now), I remember the songs, the smells, & the characters of all the attractions that no longer exist or have been drastically altered.

I miss the old EP songs “Listen to the Land”, “Universe of Energy”, “Magic Journeys”. I miss the musty waterfall smell in the Poly. I miss the original version of Figment, who wasn’t an annoying joke.

Were Horizons or World of Motion “better” than Mission Space or Test Track? Probably most people would say no. But I think a lot of people who grew up in the late 70s to early 90s would argue Disney used to have more soul than it currently does.

But, I still love Disney and every trip is still magical. My kids will probably be lamenting the replacement of FOP and FEA in 30 years. lol.

3 Likes

I could not believe that people thought the design part was boring! My group all loved it. But it might because we are engineer/software engineer/project manager/medical device engineer!