Unnecessary whiny moaning (this thread is not for WDW old-timers)

So I’m guilty of reading this thread despite being a WDW old-timer. Sorry.
I certainly do miss certain things in the Disney past (I wish characters still roamed around randomly). But there are new things to appreciate. And I would never suggest that newer versions of things are rubbish and not worth experiencing (with maybe a few exceptions). I liked the older version of Soarin’ better but we still do the new version every trip. I loved Wishes and the first time I saw HEA I didn’t like it. Now that I have seen it several times (3x this past trip alone), I love it. The music, the projections and the fireworks do complement each other and it’s magical.

2 Likes

I think I share the feeling @profmatt described… On my first visit I was all excited waiting for the Main Street Electrical Parade to start, the night parade I had heard so much about, just to have the person traveling with me spend the whole parade saying how the old parade was so much better, so unforgettable, so blah, blah, blah, and that the new one was awful… She RUINED my experience, my FIRST parade ever! This I cannot accept.

I fell in love with MSEP after multiple viewings later and miss it badly! But I will never tell anyone how Wishes was so much better if that person will not be able to experience it. It’s something I will share with others who have experienced it. I loved Wishes so much that I thought I would hate ANYTHING that replaced it… but guess what? I LOVE HEA so much! Just like @OBNurseNH, I cry whenever I hear the score and I can’t wait to see it again. Wishes was amazing, but for me, so is HEA.

I am a huge Star Wars fan as well, but just like @rckstrscat has said, I see the flaws in all the films, not only the new ones, and I choose to focus on the best in all of them… the same goes for everything Disney for me.

And only after maybe 95 replies I discovered what CBJ was… lol… Only one of my husband’s favourite rides… probably nostalgia, I don’t get it but we see it in every visit because of him.
As for the house of pancakes… :wink: I still haven’t seen it… even after 10 visits!

1 Like

That’s terrible! :frowning: I’m so sorry that happened.

Despite my comment on the welcome show, I do agree with the spirit of the thread, especially on forums like this. Places like this are a invaluable resources for people who are planning trips that are (prospectively) once in a life time or, at the very least, one where they’re going to drop significant amount of time and money on. So when something is talked about negatively, it can lead to people second guessing spending their resources on something they would otherwise completely love. (or in the case of @profmatt , he would call this “a tuesday.” :wink: )

And it’s not just past vs new stuff, either. I see it also for Disneyland vs Disney World stuff. Two great examples are the Haunted Mansion and Fantasmic. If someone likes the other, then the one you are visiting suddenly is now not worth your time.

I’m not saying everything needs to be sugar coated or opinions kept to oneself, but some effort must be made to realize a “Frame of reference”, or lack thereof, can have a huge impact on the enjoyment of a show.

So someone who is coming into this with whole new eyes might enjoy the blazes out of the new welcome show. Which, I will admit, it does have its highlights (getting the crowd to say bibbity bobbity boo to open the park is a nice throw back to the Disneyland reveal), and I would certainly never complain about it while at the park.

4 Likes