…should be announced any minute now.

16 Likes
9 Likes

Also…

14 Likes

Shmebby! :open_mouth: :partying_face: :sunglasses:

7 Likes

Rumored opening 2030.

Potential new intellectual property rumors: James Bond, Paddington Bear, Lord of the Rings.

11 Likes

Ummmmm how early can I book?

10 Likes

Where will it be? (At work - can’t watch videos right now.)

5 Likes

Bedford

4 Likes

Ummmm yeah I’m in!!!

8 Likes

Have to admit that I’m glad to hear rumours suggesting that it will be predominantly indoor lands and attractions.
Makes sense :umbrella::roll_eyes::laughing:

16 Likes

Really not excited by those IPs.

2 Likes

Lord of the Rings!!!

2 Likes

Universal has confirmed the land purchase and shared their own property map.

4 Likes

Shmebs is hosting the 2030 UniUK Liner Meet!

9 Likes

Woop :partying_face:

2 Likes

Interesting!

Not familiar at all with the area, but this seems to be further away from major cities than many other (Disney or Universal) theme parks? Which would lead me to think that the concept might be a bit different and the scale smaller.

Curious to hear with those more familiar with the location think of it?

1 Like

I initially thought it was a bit far from London, but for the country as a whole it’s a decent spot - fairly central and near the M1 (main north-south motorway). It’s also reasonably near various airports, and it’s 40mins on the train from the same London train station that the Eurostar goes into - so it’s pretty easy for international visitors to reach.

Most theme parks in the UK close for around half the year over winter though - which I can’t imagine Universal will want to do, so wonder if they’ll make most of it inside…

1 Like

Universal Beijing has a whole land indoors.

Speculation and common sense says that they’ll do the same for UK :crossed_fingers:t3::crossed_fingers:t3:

3 Likes

Nowhere in the U.K. is that far from a major city.

4 Likes

From what I’ve heard, this will be a smaller park, with a handful (maybe as few as 2) lands to start. That’s all speculative right now. We should know more soon.

3 Likes