Universal Studios Great Britain

Didn’t realize it was that close. Definitely makes more sense then

1 Like

Let the wild speculation begin!

Weren’t their plans for “Universal Studios London” like 30-35 years ago that motivated Eisner to rush Disneyland Paris and beat them to a European resort?

1 Like

Yeah, this is smaller than IOA but larger than the kids park. I’ve heard Minions, Jurassic Park, Paddington, Bond, and a fifth land plus a classic Hollywood themed entrance area.

Yup, like a lot of the older projects it didn’t go through as Universal was mostly licensing the name out to others, not funding it internally. See: Universal Studios Dubai

2 Likes

Tragically, Christopher Tolkien is no longer alive to preserve the integrity of his father’s work (see Rings of Power). But i hope Universal is smart enough to follow Rowling’s example and be as authentic as possible, costs be damned.

Granted, an exact replica of the Shire would be impractical for guests to experience. But maybe at least a replica of Bag End. Obviously the main attractions will have to be Rohan and Mordor. And yes, i suppose something to represent the Elves as well

2 Likes

Paddington is one of the properties I’ve heard from everyone. LOTR is another, but that seems less clear.

Despite my love for LOTR, I have a hard time imagining it as part of a theme park. What would that entail? Maybe a river ride taking you from Lothlorien to Rohan or something? Experiencing Rivendell?

I am not convinced it lends itself to theme park faire.

1 Like

I’ll throw this in too - no Orlando rides will be here so expect different rides for Minions and other JP rides besides JPRA and VC.

1 Like

Universal Studios writes to Bedfordshire residents about theme park plan Universal Studios writes to Bedfordshire residents about theme park plan - BBC News

England has plenty of outdoor amusement parks

1 Like

That is true.
I’ve been to most of them.
And they’re crap in the rain :woman_shrugging:t4:

3 Likes

And as I think you already mentioned, they only open for about 6 months of the year.

2 Likes

Well then boo to you

3 Likes

Ahh, Alicia got it!!! Yayyy!

2 Likes