Universal Orlando News & Planning Thread

Yeah… it was July last year. I was mostly joking around. I saw the unboxing video too! Nice shirt!

The Early Park Admission attractions/schedule has been updated for April and May.

Note that USF is only through April 8th now. Universal removed the April 9-17 dates previously listed.
It resumes May 8th.

5 Likes

Happy Monday! Here’s your Minion Blast update!!

This has appeared over the weekend. The debate is if this is the gift shop signage, as the Despicable Me shop is called “Super Silly Stuff”

5 Likes
4 Likes

any wand collectors out there?

3 Likes

I wouldn’t mind that. It doesn’t add much and those glasses must be a pain to maintain. And you’re moving so quickly, I bet a lot of people lose their glasses or they get damaged.

6 Likes

Noooo!!
First Minions, now Gringotts??? :tired_face::tired_face::tired_face::tired_face:
I LOVE 3D stuff.
Minions went from a must do to meh when they took away the 3D.
Nagini might as well not be in it if she isn’t going to try and take someone’s head off :roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

5 Likes

I have lost the 3D glasses twice on Gringotts. Just went flying off my head.

3 Likes

Oh, I’ll be so happy if they eliminate the 3D. It never works well for me.

1 Like

I made a big fuss when they took the 3-D away from DM:MM. I’ve been on the ride a couple time since then. Having seen it with 3-D and without it was better with 3-D. There are so many fun 3-D “clichés” of things that “pop-out” at you and such…

With Gringott’s I can’t think of anything like that. 3-D enhances the experience, but I’m less upset about this than DM:MM.

I think those people that haven’t ever been on Gringott’s won’t know the difference… :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

I don’t actually like when they insert 3D “gimmicks” because it just seems to call out the fact that this is 3D technology rather than being true to the “story” the ride is supposed to tell.

However, one thing in Gringott’s I’m not sure how will end up looking correct without the 3D is the scene with the giant “man-handling” the ride vehicle. I guess we shall see. (I’ll admit…even in 3D, it didn’t seem terribly believable.)

4 Likes

DM:MM is, IMHO, intended for small children. That’s the audience that those 3- D clichés are intended for as most small kids probably have not seen many, if any, big 3-D effects and it is a treat…

2 Likes

One more minor UOR update… probably not going to effect anyone, but Me Ship the Olive is extending it’s refurbishment until April 21, 2023. It had been scheduled through mid/late March

4 Likes

My oldest daughter lost hers when we rode last month.

1 Like

Our family hates it. It gets you later with the queasiness and can ruin our day.

1 Like

That’s a shame :slightly_frowning_face:

I totally forgot about this moment. It’s really good. I actually try to get the front row / far right seat (last one boarding) just for that effect!

I do think this attraction will be less adversely affected by the change than DM:MM

2 Likes

The only Minion Blast update I have for ya today is that they’ve finished painting the back side of the Transformers building to help with the theme and sightlines to the new attraction along with orange trim on the attraction…

5 Likes

RUMOR ALERT!!!

I guess the 200+ minute waits got enough complaints and/or the state inspectors are gone now that the drop tower at ICON park has been dismantled…

6 Likes

This is probably good-ish news but also I’d rather not know. :grimacing::joy:

5 Likes